Since Simupdate 14 on cruise/climb very often freeze

Hello everyone,

Since release of Simupdate 14, i have very often on climb/cruise freezing. The FS freeze, i need/required to quit via Task Manager. Important point: There is not to see desktop, its only freeze. I use a few of payware addons, i am sure that the problem is simupdate 14, because all other games works fine + before SU14 it worked.

I can’t understand, the release notes are optimizing, but it takes more issues.
I have screenshots at the moment on freezing, what CPU and GPU doing at the same time of freezing.
I can’t use FS with this problem. Normally it should be immediatly perfomance updates to release and not to wait for SU15.

My Hardware is Nvidia RTX3060, Intelcore I7. Newest driver updates with clean install are already installed, newest windows updates are installed, as for Test, i reinstalled old driver but nothing help. I need immediatly help please

EDIT:
Since a few flights, it works. I didnt change anything, but i wait for SU15+ new driver updates, i am sure that the addons/mods are not the problem. The last years there sometime the same problem after install new Simupdate…

Screenshot (4298)
Screenshot (4299)

I have exactly the same problems like you have… My pc specs are nearly the same…
Do your engine sounds keep playing in the background while it is frozen?

I have totally the same problem after SU14: sim freeze during climb between 15000 and 30000 and during cruise lower that 30000. No freezing at cruise after 30000 and during decent and landing. Sound of sim play after sim freeze. I use RTX 2060 and Fenix A320 and I haven’t ever been faced with this sort of reezing before SU14. Which planes do you use when sim freezing?

Similar problem here with Fenix A320, sim freeze in climb or early in the cruise. Only started happening since SU14. Yes engine sounds continue during freeze. I have not experienced freezing with other aircraft.

Turkish19974005, which plane have you an issue with ?
Could you test again with your community folder empty or even better starting in safe mode (killing msfs.exe once running from the task manager).
Also if you have your rolling cache enabled, disable it.
That post could be related if using the stock A320:

I have nailed this problem. That is an issue with fenix only. Use alternative render in fenix external application, and you are good to go. There is also a wizard mode which you may find in their discord server.

With “alternative render” A320 + sim are still freezing. It’s not a solution.

I think the only thing I had changed is alternative rendering. You may also reinstall fenix, update fsuipc and gsx if you have them.

I dont understand, some of last flights works, today I thought ok it works, i do a longer flight (3 hours) in climbing, it crashed again. I dont know its maybe a fenix issue, because one moment the fenix app required me again to enter email and password.
Its terrible, i cant use FS normal, all other games works perfect

same here, I use PMDG 737 + Fenix A320.
Before SU14 i didnt have this problem

have the same issue on Xbox with default a320…

same procedure to quit…

Have you recently installed windows updates or updated your gpu driver?

This sim is just a pain. I´d had a problem for like half a year that I managed to solve by setting a caps to 50 in nvida control center. Played for 2 months or so. Using same aircraft (Asobo ATR 72-600). Same routes etc etc. And all of a sudden I can´t play for more than max 20 minutes when flying between ESSB - ESGG. It freezes while in climb. I need to let this sim go again. I think it´s a shame how they handle the updates. Before Xbox-release there where no such problems.

Hi I’m experiencing this very heavily, especially in between 20,000-30,000 ft. I fly the fenix a320 and the pmdg 737, but it doesn’t matter. I will always freeze up/crash no matter the plane, and also, will freeze up in very specific parts of the map and I have to quit with task manager

I had this issue start a few NVIDIA driver updates ago, when the game would start crashing, I’d update my driver and it would fix. Now i’ve updated my driver to the latest version and it continuously keeps crashing and can’t mark this as a solution.

I updated my Alienware (m13 r3) components, command center, and logitech profiler for my joystick. I’ve launched the game from geforce experience, command center, steam, no matter which app the game will crash.

Has anyone tried loading the game up from Aerosoft launcher or Inibuilds?

For some reason i continuously crash in specific places that change from time to time. I started having this around prescott az and now in the atlantic ocean traveling south from JFK, especially around the coastline. If i can get past the “crash area” and “crash altitude” my game will run smoothly and my next flight loaded up will not crash the game on climb.

I also use air hauler 2 but the crash does not coincide with using that program.

I believe there is some sort of correlation between the pmdg 737 EFB glitching up the game, to the point where pmdg had to update their product, and the timeline of my game starting to heavily crash. There is definitely a part of the game’s code that needs repair, and SU15 was supposed to update it. That has now since been delayed…

If anyone has any idea on any fixes, or can gather more of a consensus of what i’m sharing, let’s work together and try to figure this out.

And if you’re microsoft/asobo staff reading this, please speak up. Provide some color on this situation!

Have you made any changes to your CPU/RAM?

Whenever I’ve had freezes like this where the sim sounds are still going in the background, but the sim screen itself is frozen, it’s been because I was pushing my CPU undervolt too low. If you’ve undervolted or overclocked your CPU, or overclocked your RAM (or sometimes even just using xmp), try reverting to stock and see if you still get freezes.

I too experience freezes as described in this forum with a high spec pc includ 1200w power supply. Problem appears related to Nvidia drivers and pending Win11 updates. Long past time that MS provided a stable title.

I have not made any changes to my cpu or ram.

Hi all,

I found a fix at least for my instance. Turn off live traffic at 10,000 ft and turn it back on if you’d like at cruise. If you load up another flight after and keep live traffic on, the game will not crash. Really strange, but i’m assuming when the game downloads live traffic from the 20-30000ft range (on your first flight) it freezes the game, backing up my claim of a faulty game code. SU15 is supposed to address live traffic so I’m sure it’ll be fixed when that releases.

SAme issue Freeze on climb out sound works have to force close.

there was a little update today when I opened my game, and seemed to fix my issue. Did it work for you?