Sky4sim virtual iPad (maps, frequencies, weather, pdf viewer and more)

They run OK together; however, if I go to the main menu while Sky4Sim and the Seasons files are loaded, and click the Content Manager, it goes dark and searches without end…

Can you get apps like Neofly in it? Vr user here.

If you want to bring apps to VR nothing prevents you to bring the entire desktop to VR. How to do it for various headsets is well documented on these forums.

Have you got a link please? I can’t find anything suitable , and I don’t want to use motion controllers.
Thanks

What headset you have? I can provide hints for G2. But really, all is documented here on the forums, you just need to search a bit.

Yeah I have a g2, I just set everything up before I put the headset on , works well as it is I just thought this app could bring it into the cockpit .

Hi Sebastien I wondered if it might be possible to add a map layer that shows terrain height - either something like sky vector which I believe shows max terrain in the area, or otherwise some kind of contour map? It would be useful for planning VFR flights, in the absence of the actual VFR chart. Many thanks !

When in the cliff house, select the menu in VR, select the desktop. Make it small. Press the Follow Me button on this window. Enter VR in the sim. The window will follow you. Disable the follow me mode and place it whenever you like in the cockpit (I place it on my virtual lap).
Search for “Follow me” on the forum for more details.

Thanks I’ll give it a go.

Hi. This app looks great. I am currently using an old iPad as a second screen which is placed horizontally (landscape mode) below the monitor. So my question: is the app always displayed vertically like in the screenshots or can you turn it 90°?

1 Like

Well worth the money, great little app, well done Sky4sim devs. :+1:

1 Like

This looks great. Any plans for Navigraph support?

Does it work on the IPad or just as virtual iPad??

Apologies, I only fly in VR and don’t have an iPad.
This is the most useful of all apps, and the best value. (this is only my opinion, others might beg to differ)

Looks like a great app. Just bought it. Gone through all the setup but despite app running in the background and connecting to sim, I have not got an icon in the sim toolbar.

Tried full restart of PC but it just isn’t there. I have got a lot of the Rafael Santos stuff in the community folder still. I wonder if there is a clash. Don’t want to remove them yet as they are a handy backup.

If i choose the option “run in a browser” everything works perfectly normally. So connectivity with the sim isn’t an issue. I have also just removed all the Rafael santos stuff from the community folder and I still don’t get an ICON.

Any suggestions?

I love this app, really good value. I am using it all the time and I don’t have VR. It’s great. I used to do a lot of web browser lookup for metar and destination runway info & ILS freqs, I don’t need to now as is all there in the sky4sim window. Small gripes-

1. Would love to get the window surround toggled off (not sure if this is technically possible) so it looks more like it’s part of the cockpit rather than a window.
  2. I use in dark screen mode a lot (easier on my eyes) and there are light coloured vertical/horizonal line that flicker. Not sure what this is but it happens a lot
  3. Again in nighttime map mode, I think the colour of VOR markers disappear as they are too close to the black background colur.
  4. PDF viewing isn’t an intuitive process in this tool for me. Maybe I need to spend more time with it or read up about it more. Do PDFs need converted to png to be used? It’s all a bit confusing.

I guess you checked this but Is it available to select in the toolbar settings (cog icon on the right)?

1 Like

I figured out that, in the end, I had simply copy and pasted a link to my community folder rather than browsed for it. The link must have been incorrect as, when I re-installed and browsed it, it all worked perfectly.

Very impressed with the product so far. I could almost do without any other windows open but I have come to rely on The Rafael Santos Enhanced VFR map because it tells me Gnd Spd, Wind speed and direction on the fly which is useful when you cannot get a local METAR like in some of the smaller carribean airports I was testing it out at. Not realistic in a C152 but useful nonetheless.

Creating a flight plan in Littlenavmap and exporting to Sky4sim was easy and the moving map was flawless. Downloading and importing chart pdfs was a little counter-intuitive but worked well once i figured it out.

Good purchase so far.

Edit

It would be nice in future versions, if I could see the Wind spd /direction and Gnd Spd data in the moving map.

Great! Yep I also find the PDF thing a bit confusing - I keep expecting to go into the “viewer” but in fact have to go into the “documents”, once you have uploaded/converted.

In case you didn’t see, you can get weather in the “weather” section (both current simulator weather, and the nearest METAR)

1 Like

FYI I found this video from the developer quite helpful in seeing how to add/edit waypoints on the map