Small update today? [24 June 2021]

I figured it out. I simply deleted the one store folder in the appdata packages folder. I have my 519GB space back.

3 Likes

In addition to the Aviator’s livery files that were downloaded in today’s update, I also saw some files that were either updated or added.

Are we finally getting water landing ski wakes?

Check these out…

1 Like

Yes but not installed yet. I tested to see if I could see the water effects and nothing. I also haven’t seen the contrails anymore after this mini update.

The wake on water, wheel dust clouds, snow effects and so on where shown during the Xbox trailer at E3 so yep they are coming. Hopefully some smoke in startup for the PMDG DC-6 too!

1 Like

Interesting. I didn’t get an update, but I already have these files. They are shown as modified on 12 May - which was when the beta testing for Sim Update 4 started.

Ref:

SO the Water, dust & snow track effects have been added, but not yet applied to the default Asobo Aircraft ??

Or did my update mess up , I see none of these effects yet on any planes …

since the patch my download speeds are WAY up , used to be 20mbit max

1 Like

Yep, same here. When I was flying from Marseille to Nice this morning my fps was at around 10 - 20 (usually 30-40). Something’s not right today.

yep i got it and im on steam

Another communication fail about an update, how hard is it for Asobo to write a small piece of text explaining what’s going on? Very hard it seems, this isn’t the first time either, beggars belief!

2 Likes

Guess thats the one that got cancelled. Now the next flighting is MS Store again.

Our next flighting opportunity is beginning soon through the Xbox Insider Hub. Exact timing and details are being finalized, but you should expect a post from us soon with details on what our goals are, who will be invited to participate, and more.

2 Likes

Developers must update their airplanes.

ofcourse not , you need to update that one via the op center, its def fixed now

Probably just made available for SDK use.

If you need to free more space - try disk cleanup.

How to

In windows search bar type

disk cleanup

Right click on it and select run as administrator

Select disk C and click ok

On the disk cleanup tab select all check boxes

Click “more options” tab and under “system restore and shadow copies” click “clean up”.

Click delete

Click “Ok”

1 Like

Hello everyone!

Some of you may have received a small update yesterday!

This is due to Aviator’s liveries now included in the install. Before, you needed to go to the content manager and download/update them.

The small download was for users not up to date regarding the Aviator’s liveries.

This has no impact on performances!

Future updates of the Aviator’s livery packs should be done at the same time as major updates!

Sorry for the inconvenience, I hope this clarifies everything.

6 Likes

What about the inconvenience to those who don’t want these liveries installed? If I understand you correctly then if you remove the liveries from the content manager you will get them redownloaded with every patch and have to manually remove them again. seems pretty inconvenient to me

6 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking as well.
Guess I’ll delay deleting these liveries…

1 Like

Thx for info.
What about folder named

asobo-vfx-material-lib

?

Well that is an inconvenience (for others too, as is mentioned above) to be humbly honest with you…
I don’t use those liveries and can’t say I want them installed (why I chose not to install them in the 1st place…)
Guess I hold off uninstalling them as well, if they will just be downloaded again anyway…

4 Likes