Small update today? [24 June 2021]

I guess deleting the folders will install them on next launch, not on next update. So you probably can’t get rid of them at all.

I really don’t like them and do not want to have them installed since otherwise MSFS spawns these liveries randomly when doing group flights and that’s really annoying. I’m okay with some generic liveries but these huge blue letters which are far from any real livery are SO annoying.

@OlieTsubasa443 please leave the decision up to us users which liveries we do and don’t have installed. There are plenty reasons to refuse having the aviators liveries installed!

Or are they still optional so people not downloaded them from the store will not receive them?

4 Likes

Well I did not want those liveries, that’s why I did not install them in the first place. Why do we get pushed onto our drives and why not keep them as optional download for those who like them? Why annoy people with such a non-issue?

6 Likes

Why, I don’t want them. They simply waste space. What makes the aviator liveries so important that they get special treatment and not, say, the world update content?

What would be better is to have the content manager show a notification when there are updates, not force install them through the main installer.

5 Likes

Mod edit:

Translated from fr by Microsoft

Hello

I would have a small question, is it normal that it has a shift of 90GB knowing that I install all the shift a few days before?

Bonjour,

j’aurais une petite question, est-ce que c’est normal qu’il a une maj de 90Go sachant que j’ai installer toute le maj quelques jours avant ?

Please write english according to community rules and guidelines and open a separate thread for your issue.
This one is about the small download some got, not a 90GB full install.

ok je change de forum, merci de m’avoir répondu !

After that smaller update, i can’t finish a flight anymore…sim just vanishes. Sheesh!!

1 Like

I have no purpose for these liveries, so am I now right in thinking that should I delete them again then they’ll be re-downloaded with the next update regardless? Why is this? I do not wish to have items installed that take up valuable space, this needs addressing before the next update please.

5 Likes

I was up to date before with the aviator club liveries deleted and I liked it that way. The aviator club liveries were a nice idea but a very ugly interpretation. I tried them, do not like them, so I deleted them.

How can we delete the aviator club liveries permanently and not get them ninja reinstalled?

I never had the Aviators’ liveries installed, and after receiving the small update. My Aviator’s liveries are still not installed. So I’m not sure how other people get the liveries forced install to them, while I don’t. I checked my Content Manager, and my Aviator’s liveries are all there sitting at “Not Installed”.

Yes, noticed it yesterday after she posted the development update. It answered the 2 questions I had yesterday. the updater pointed to the original file folder and I forgot to change the location of the current folder which caused the 90GB installation. I fixed it now though.

A few days ago I deleted the Aviators and Kenmore liveries. They were up to date at that point. With this small update they were not re-installed for me.

Thank you for your feedback.
I understand that some users don’t want to have these liveries at all! If so, please go to your content manager and ‘delete’ Aviator Liveries. Next update should not trigger any download of these liveries.

6 Likes

Thanks for the response! Thats good to know that they wont be re-downloaded with future updates.
Appreciate the reply.

Thanks, it’s still unclear though why this livery update was so important to do today? Is there perhaps another reason for the update?

1 Like

Thx for info.
What about folder named

asobo-vfx-material-lib

?

Yeah, same here. 2 screen freezes. It was working perfectly before

What’s the point of having particle effects if they only affect your own aircraft? You can’t see them from the cockpit.

I read somewhere that contrails are now visible on AI aircraft…but unfortunately, AI aircraft hardly exist in the sim.

Now, if only we had a good, third party AI traffic addon, particle effects would be worth having.

This is why we need a replay feature. When watching and judging your own landing on replay from an outside view you will see them kick up and say dam that was a hard landing:)

Ai traffic particle effect is cool. Like this flight I did with my friend.

Air traffic appears on an intercept path as we cross their path we also cross over their contrails.

If you rewind to out take off portion, you could tell the airspace is busy. I’m on LIVE AI Traffic then.