Smartcam starts involuntarily- causes camera crash

20 minutes into plain vanilla vfr flight, smartcam activates itself leading to CTD. How can I disable smartcam totally (useless to me)? The only options seem to be “toggle” or “hold.”

Please use the search function:

Hi!

I have the same problem.

i solved it by deactivating all traffic (multiplayer group only & no traffic)
i found this workaround somewhere on this forum.

Same issue here, cameras moved to strange position by itself (smartcam) and the game crashed.

Same problem. Suddenly smartcam fixes other plane or object and it’s not possible to deactivate it. Few seconds later game crashes and send me to desktop.

Same issue here as well. I haven’t experienced it in a VFR flight as of yet. Typically, it starts for me on approach from an IFR flight.

If you’d have read the existing thread (hint: it’s linked above), you’d know a workaround to avoid the issue.

Only that fix doesn’t work for everyone, and only really seems to fix the cockpit poltergeist for those it does work for. So no more switching on and off of stuff in the cockpit. This has no effect on the camera bug.

I’ve had all other traffic turned off for the last several days, and I’m still hit by these bugs regardless.

This is proven to be wrong, the workaround in the thread affects the smart cam issue and CTDs.
Also I haven’t seen anyone in that thread who tried it and still had this smart cam issue.

But then again, complaining about an issue that we have dozens of threads about but not reporting back if workarounds help or not (and what exactly you tried out of the existing suggestions) will certainly not help you with that. It’s up to you.

The reason I’ve been flying all by my lonesome with no other traffic is precisely because of this issue and this proposed solution.

• I’ve disabled MP traffic
  • No Live / AI traffic
  • Set generic models for other traffic (despite there being none)
  • set all ground and air traffic / activity density to 0
  • all aids / assists disabled. (I occasionally turn on the taxi ribbon on large airports or I get lost, but typically they’re off)
  • no mods or scenery packs installed. I have some liveries, but removing them solves nothing.

I still have the cockpit poltergeist, although far less frequently than at first. And the camera bug with CTD seems to be getting more frequent.

Integer overflow from some other variable leaking into the Smartcam parameters?