So much good with MSFS - but so much wrong

This is a good point. I’ve also wondered about PSU’s Lots of new GPUs requiring some beast level Power Supplies. It’s easy when on budget to let slip that the PSU is the most important piece

1 Like

And here we go, seems like I wasn’t dreaming of anything, SU9 seems to have made things worse. Just like every other Update.
Asobo should hire some more devs that can actually properly troubleshoot if you ask me.

But looking at their job postings they won’t get them with what kind of incentives they offer. Mediocre at best. Probably the contract with MS doesn’t allow for more. No money, no good dev. Simple as that.

Fantastic complaint. Utterly devoid of specifics. So nobody can offer a rebuttal. Fantastically well done. In the truest, most literal meaning of the word, “Fantastical.”

1 Like

That was a general statement and not a complaint.

It was generally fantastic for the reasons stated above.

If more info was attached I could do a critique on it.

It sure does, thank you! So…

It’s so demanding on the CPU/Memory that there’s no buffer when resources get tight. It needs it all, there’s no cushion.

Is that right?

Why is that?

Mine is talking to ATC is 100% harder than anything else involving flying.

1 Like

Perhaps, “Never” is too strong… but I need to stop sinking money into this sim first!

1 Like

Flying in the 2020’s I think has become way more expensive than it was from the 1940s to the 1980s.

I love the TMB 930 in the sim but it’s still a $4,000,000 USD airplane. For $4M I’d want to be able to break the sound barrier.

1 Like

Back somewhat on topic. I did a new PC build a month or two ago and I had my first unexplained CTD yesterday. Otherwise, I had a couple others CTDs related to rapidly switching in/out of VR while experimenting with settings.

Prior, running the sim for me was hit or miss on CTDs depending on the day.

The sim is sensitive. IMHO, I don’t think it should be so sensitive. But it’s really a complex software modeling system.

I have a semi high end system. i7 10700k stock speed, rtx 2080S super, 64gb ram and 4 tb nvme ssd. G sync monitor @ 2k res with over 800gb of addons. No CTD. I can sim for hrs and no CTD. When I had CTDs my system was overclocked. I removed it and problem solved. I also used to get ctd when the sim was loading files from Capture One software. I deleted those files and no more CTD.

I second you on the Computational Fluid Dynamics CFD not CTD LoL improvements. There are hints here and there, but clearly nothing solid. I’ve seen all the dev talks and the little demonstrations of green lines flying around the place, but really, its clearly incomplete / does not affect all base aircraft ( by a long way ) / and is essential for when Asoba Helis finally make it into the sim.

6600 XT / 12700k / 64Gb DDR4.

oh and by the way for those who stumble accross this: PRO TIP; the sim is heavily CPU bound ! on ONE thread, that means the faster your processor the better. A good way to check is with the long standing and world renowned tool CPU-Z. Go to the benchmark section / run it and see where your cpu comes in. Remember the sims lowest common denominator is always going to be your fastest single thread. Forget ‘e’ cores forget 32 thread amd threadrippers they mean nothing. the fastest way to run this sim is as of 2022 May is an intel 12900k / 12700k running without ‘e’ cores / hyperthreading disabled and overclocked to 5.2ghz. on water. no . other. way.
unless of course you run it on Ln2 @ 6ghz LoL

Good question - I haven’t seen one posted for SU9 either. Zendesk still has a general one, but it hasn’t been updated since March.

CORRECTION - after posting this, I noticed the URL has changed and it now shows updated today! Maybe my browser had a cached version of the page…

Further update - the top SU9 issues are described in the latest development update, release today:

My earlier comments about bugs “well-known to the community” was more of a reference to things you can frequently see posted here in the forums. Things like the controls locking whole holding right-mouse to pan the view, or past bugs like TrackIR turning itself off, the mouse cursor disappearing, or the cursor getting stuck in VR such that all pop-up panels were unusable.

Those kinds of strange bugs creep in with a Sim Update, then get fixed one or two updates later. Most people run into them at some point, and most learn to live with them until they’re resolved. But they do add a small level of frustration.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.