So what's the Best VR headset to use in MFS so far?

This shouldn’t change anything at all, nor reducing your FS2020 window size, for at least 2 reasons in my opinion:

• FS2020 is displaying the content of the render buffer as-is. This is the same pixels which are directly sent to the headset via the OXR API and there is no post-processing at all.
  • The pixels from the render buffer are just a “blit” operation which is using dedicated silicon on the video card which would do nothing else otherwise (i.e. it is not silicon resource you’ll free up to shader task for example).

I believe the only problem displaying the render buffer on the screen could cause is if the game loop is waiting the video driver being ready for the “present” stage, and if in waiting for it it also makes it stalling the VR rendering path. I doubt they would code FS2020 with such blatant mistake though…

However from my tests with the G2 and reprojection, I find a “low latency/fast” NVidia CPL setting better for fps/stutters without reprojection, and a “off/off” setting better when using reprojection. This makes me wondering the “blatant mistake” comment above, or whether WMR is indirectly using/dependent on the frame timing which depends on these specific NVidia CPL settings somehow.