Solution for Stutters & Pauses (updated for SU5)

Closed everything including afterburner. The stutters are still there like every 1-2 sec interval with 0.5sec lag.

It says limited by main thread tho… i9-11900k is the top of the line for intel gaming cpu…

Highest FPS i can get is 57, but never stable. lowest is like 20ish fps.

All the tweaks, tricks, especially those external to MSFS are to no avail,
at least with my rig which runs other sims and a half dozen games maxed out
at 4K solid 60 FPS. Believe me, I am by no means a PC newbie,
and I have all the time in the world as pensioner to try out EVERYTHING.
The problem lies in how the Graphics engine is programmed and most probably also in
the way MSFS stream-loads-caches data, and in spite of my solid, flawless cable Internet connection of 300 M/bit. Though I most admit that with the settings included, MSFS runs decently, albeit only at 30 FPS. As long as one does not use the 747 or worse the 787. I limit myself to the A320FBW, the Carenado Mooney and the Cessna 172 classic.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370
CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz
Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000
Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB
Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K
1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB
1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB
Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004
CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

You understand that your 300 Mb connection speed is only to your ISP, not to the Microsoft servers.

and that’s why there is rolling cache, more so manual cache, which sadly never worked for non photogrammetrie areas, nore does it work at all for most users.

Indeed… If only it would work…
There is no use having the rolling cache enabled,
with ANY size (I have tried 100 GB up to 1 TB on a SSD Samsung 860 PRO).
I have noticed it works slightly better with the rolling cache disabled. (300 M/bit)…
And don’t get me started with the manual cache. So extremely cumbersome to use,
If one wants a big region saved in high, medium and low resolution, it takes ages and a lot of patience
to select the little squares and save them to disk. Nevertheless, I have done also that, quite a big
region firstly with all three resolutions at the same time, then only with high, medium and low respectively. No improvement whatsoever…

For some reason as I fly around, the rolling cache is the only file MSFS is accessing for scenery information. Sometimes other files are accessed that are missing from the rolling cache. I’ve never used the manual cache but would have to if I didn’t use the rolling cache.

It is possible to make the rolling cache too big…

What is causing this? Started after today’s small “aviator liveries” update:

3 Likes

My solution was to stop all non MS items from starting on computer start up, then every time I start MSFS I do a computer restart first, then launch MSFS, the only other program I use at the same time is RandFailures2020, I only fly small GA, settings on High, Vsync?on 30fps locked, I dont even look at fps whilst flying, and photogrammetry off, haven’t even bothered to adjust Nvidia settings. It all runs smoothly for me.

Why Vsync on?

Switch it off or set it to fast with no fps limit.
Put terrain level of detail to 80%
Clouds to high
Glass cockpit refresh rate to medium

Fps getting up!

Check the usercfg.opt, if you have it marked to read only, uncheck this.
Now open up the file with notepad and see if you had changed any of the lod settings higher than 2.00000, if you did set it back to 2.00000 and save.
Now startup the sim and see if stutters are gone.
This i wrote coz i had this already on default, and changed the lod terrein settings to 6.00000 and the stutters during take off started.
When set it back to 2.00000 i found i had no stutters.

God bless you bro <3
IT WORKED !!!

ich habe die microruckler mit erhöhen der objetcs leve of detail weggebracht,indem ich es erhöt habe.vielleicht mal mit dieser einstellung rumprobieren.

Actually, I tried even to go down from 4K to 1440 and 1080 with my rtx 3080. Still stutters.

I think the video settings has little to do with the stuttering which was introduced with the last sim update. It’s a coding issue by Asobo.

There’s something wrong with data processing, rather than resolutions, graphic settings etc

5 Likes

Manual cache works for me when I fly around the Isle of Man with rolling cache set to off and internet disabled. And that’s including a reboot to clear ram so it can’t be residual.

My old Ryzen 2700X couldn’t handle the glass cockpit 747 especially with Salty mod, however I found a trick to be able to fly it quite smoothly.

Nvidia Control Panel NCP - Framerate limiter - set 30fps.

After that the 747 controls instantly become much more responsive, I’m able manually flown is much easier. Apparently the stutter was so bad before this it even affects flight controls for me, not sure if it’s hardware issue (CPU lag/USB) or the game itself.

Heck I can even set glass cockpit refresh to Medium and still performs well.

2 Likes

I concur with you completely. Before the latest update, I was one of the fortunate ones who did not suffer any performance related issues. However, I now get ridiculous stuttering whenever I near an airport.

I tried so may things yesterday (different versions display drivers, disabled AI/Multiplayer, disabled live traffic, even went from Ultra to Medium graphics settings). Yet despite all this, when approaching EDDM the sim was stuttering so much I ended up quitting.

My system…RTX 3080, 5800x with 32gb ram (3600). Sim runs on its own NVMe drive…

4 Likes

Asobo mentioned performance improvement on July, I think dx12 will be implemented when the Xbox version arrives. So let’s hope

1 Like

would be nice to hear something official from asobo about dx12 and performance

I’m pretty sure we hear something tomorrow Wednesday when it’s Dev Q&A Live at 15:30 UTC, it’s all about Sim Update 5 and Xbox.

i thought the dev Q&A are always on Thursday. missed that :smiley: