Solution to trim wheel sync/speed issues

Had problems with your trim wheel moving at the wrong speed? Turning and turning with little result or small tweaks that have huge effect. This new AuthentiKit app fixes that for AuthentiKit trim wheels and other encoder/pulse based wheels. AuthentiKit Tuning App – AuthentiKit.org

This may be a silly question but would this work with the Honeycomb Bravo?

Don’t know but worth a try - if you open joy.cpl in windows, select the Bravo and click Properties then turn the trim wheel do you see some pulsing red blobs or do you see an axis move? If the former, then yes it will help.

I tried it out for a bit, but think someone with a bit more skill than I will have to take a run at it. I get the theory.

1. Install .Net 5.X
  2. Install vJoy
  3. Install AuthentiKit

vJoy then shows up as a device in MSFS, then use AuthntiKit to map Buttons 22 and 23 (Trim up and down) on the Honeycomb Bravo to an AXIS (like it was before SU5).

Select the sensitivty and then start the mapping.

I can get it to work in MSFS but I don’t see it increasing so there’s something I’m not doing correctly.

You can test that the axis is behaving by using joy.cpl (game controllers) and check that the vjoy axis is moving as you rotate the trim

1 Like

Thanks I’ll give that a try now!

So yes, certainly working here and I can watch the axis speed change when I adjust sensitivity.

I think my problem now is, not 100% sure the mappings to use in MSFS.

Just got it switched to Z-AXIS. Which I think is what I want.

Testing now but this seems to fix the Trim Wheel issue!!!

2 Likes

Great to see that you have this working :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It does look like you have button 22 and 23 set to different controllers here. I imagine you want them both set to bravo throttle. Just something to watch out for.

Such a great piece of software! Thank you very much for making it available!

1 Like

Our pleasure! Thanks very much for the feedback :blush:

1 Like

Yes, on the Bravo moving the wheel in one direction is 22 the other direction 23 so to cover both directions on the axis it’s needed to have both.

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks,

Was my findings previously when I frst posted as well, AXIS is much better than button pulses.