[SOLVED] Getting a CTD after General settings is selected

Hi there!

When I select the “General” options, the sim CTD. It started doing this after installing the patch 1.8.3.0. Anyone with this issue that found a solution?

Thks!

[SOLVED]

Check if you have “English (United States)” voice package installed on Windows (via Settings/Time and Language/Voice… at the bottom). If not, install and no more CTD!

1 Like

I have the same issue also tried a repair and reinstall but that was to no avail. i did open a ticket on the issue no word yet

Hi! I found a solution to this problem. All I had to do was install the “English (United States)” voice package on Windows. Please, check if this works for you!

Can you explain how you went about doing that cause from my google search editing the registry is required, or maybe a link to your process would also be helpful, thanks much

i dont know how you came up with it but it works, after i did as you suggested, brilliant and thanks

I’m glad to hear that! I came up with this, remembering the importance of having this voice pack for the correct use of the sim. I did, and it just worked!

Brilliant - I had the same problem of CTD when I access Options/General - I followed your advise and it’s working now. Thanks. :grin:

1 Like

Great! A simple solution to this issue! Blue skies, and safe flights!

Thanks, that simple remedy to a big problem works!

1 Like

Thank you so very much @Alonsofer81. Lengedary fix. Wow. How even?.. ghahaa. Thanks.

1 Like