[SOLVED] Help! My MSFS doesn't update

Hy everyone, i’m stuck with v1.11.6 as my FS checks for updates and returns nothing. On Microsoft store also nothing available.
Tried the suggestions on the support site related to Microsoft Store and updates/downloads. Nothing changed.

Anyone sorted this out or had the same issues?

Thanks and Merry Xmas!

When you were in the MS Store, did you click the “GET UPDATES” button on the download page?
MS Store does not always populate the available updates until you click the button.

Hello from France
Worse situation for me, impossible to start FS2020…
What a shame…
I’ve send a message to the Team but no answer…
Merry Christmas to everybody worldwide

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, I’ve done so.
Also cleaned the store cache, logged out rebooted, logged in.
Made sure Win10 is totally up to date.

I’ll sheck those points
Regards

Where do you live ?

I check
Many thanks

Portugal.
Joyeux Noel!

Have you removed everything from your sim’s Community Folder?

Yes, the Cessna Wingman because it seems this plane causes troubles
Since this remove, all is bad
Very strange and finally funny, it becomes true !

I Check of my Windows10
An update wa vailable
Update and reboot OK, nothing change…

And you have logged out of MS Store, reboot, log back in to the store?

yes i did. No luck

This one has me stumped…

Long shot, Zone Alarm and some other aftermarket firewalls and antivirus programs, keep small parts of themselves buried deep in W-10. To prevent unauthorized access to your system. Take, not exit, but uninstall any aftermarket programs of that nature off PC.
If cleanup program from vendor, use it, reboot between removal and clean operations after all is off, totally removed.

1. Check Windows Update to make sure nothing was blocked. Install if any, reboot.,
  2. Go into store and click on the … choose download updates. MSFS should show up with the base package, if it does, install it, then reboot system again.
  3. Go into MSFS and it will check for updates and should install the 13 odd GB’s of files. It will take you into game, close game, reboot. Then run game as normal.
    I have zendesked this problem, don’t know if they blew it off, or ignored it. I have contacted (Since August 18 release) Zone Alarm and have worked with them to test updates, so far, it’s still blocks MS Store from getting MSFS Base Package. I suspect other similar programs do the same thing.
    As last resort, disable All of Windows Firewall and Antivirus/Antimalware, and then try above to see it windows is blocking it. If using a network not at home or normal location, the update balks at a new contact point, had one update refuse to download when traveling back in September, once home it went fine. Go Figure.

Hope this helps. Merry Xmas & Happy New Year all.

1 Like

After the last update my sim started having issues the A320nx is giving me problems it’s not flying ok like before the update everything was coming together perfectly. My sim is broken so I decided to uninstall and do a clean install starting again that’s the only way. Hope to start flying soon patience.

Many thanks Meridian for your time and details
Merry Christmas from France

1 Like

EY59 - Your Welcome, those programs block me so I am leaving them off. System seems to run better without all that file checking going on all the time. I live in the country, so remote if someone parks on street and try’s to hack into system, other than the government.

Hope that helped all. Is France Locked Down? My Virpil stuff has been sitting in Paris FEDEX center since 19th. Getting person on phone to ask is an act of congress. Take care all.

Hello everyone. Yesterday morning I threw the towel and decided to uninstall reinstall the sim. Besides some Gb of internet and a long wait, there wasn’t much to lose.

Surprisingly (or not), after uninstalling, the reinstall failed with multiple download errors on the windows store. Multiple troubleshooting later, having repeated essentially the same steps I’d done before as per MS’s instructions, the problem was still there.

This made me assume I had a connection problem with Microsoft’s MSFS update servers. Everything else worked fine, the other software on the Microsoft store was able to update and the store was returning the “everything up to date” message BUT browsing Microsoft’s website was a tad slow.

Hence, I changed my network settings from Google’s DNS server 8.8.8.8 to Cludflare’s 1.1.1.1.

Immediately the download progressed successfully.

SO I conclude my problem was probably a DNS issue having trouble to access Microsoft’s download servers (I saw somewhere they changed recently).

Sim’s up and running and I hope this can help someone in the future.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.