[SOLVED] HOTAS X56 throttle causes "ghost inputs"

Your HOTAS X56 randomly changes view, extract flaps, goes to full throttle etc. ?
You must connected them into one USB hub, and it causes lack of electric power and “ghost inputs”.

Just plug HOTAS controller into “independent USB jack” or use "self-power-supply USB hub,
and now your HOTAS controller works well!

3 Likes

Another possibility for ghosting are too long usb cables. In my case I used a self-power-supply USB hub with a 3m cable connected to the PC. This seems to be too much together with the cable length of the X56! After connecting the X56 directly to the PC everting was ok.

I have the same problem. Have the set connected via tp-link self-supplied hub and it frequently changes camera for external/internal and lowers the gears. Thats pretty annoying and I do not understand why it goes like that. I have never had such a problem either in fsx/p3d nor xplane.

Did you ever fix the problem?

I had the same problem. I think the power consumption of the throttle is close to the limit of the USB 2.0 specification. And so the electronic does not work correct.
I connected the throttle to an USB 3 port, which provides more power. That solved the problem for me.

I purchased a USB 3.0 hub which used 12v instead 5v and still get the issue.
Tried plugging hub in USB 3.0 from motherboard, USB 3.1 from motherboard and USB 3.0 on PCIe card (this one happens less than the others).
The above test was done with the RGB off on the X56 Throttle. My VIRPIL ALPHA does not have any issues.

I’d say that it has absolutely nothing to do with usb port nor cable because it’s a digital signal inside of the usb. Problem lies either in the faulty board or the fact that there are potentiometers inside that are creating EM noise that is interpreted as a button signal
this is not solved your way

Has anyone found a better solution for this or even maybe a software patch to help with it?
As I use the X56 for DCS and war thunder and after having the problem I went and got an independent power USP hub and still have the problem. I will say it is less often now but it still happens, I notice it happens most when applying inputs. I also notice that the USB has a white plastic insert, indicating it might be a USB 1.1… and that might be the problem if the cable is not rated for higher power and data needs

ps trying to air to air refuel and your gear goes down or probe retracts right as you get into the basket is soul crushing lol

Well there’s a workaround by creating a Profile in the Software that comes with the X55/56 and use advanced commands to bind the buttons to the keys instead of directly bind them in the in-game settings. Then, for the advanced commands, you can set delays of 0.1 or 0.2 sec. Ghost button presses are shorter than that, so the key press is not triggered by them.

1 Like

Well there’s a workaround by creating a Profile in the Software that comes with the X55/56 and use advanced commands to bind the buttons to the keys instead of directly bind them in the in-game settings. Then, for the advanced commands, you can set delays of 0.1 or 0.2 sec. Ghost button presses are shorter than that, so the key press is not triggered by them.

Made and account here to say Thank you. You saved an x56 throttle from going in the trash. I tried everything: ferrite cores, separate powered USB hubs, and more. The advanced commands + delay really helped. 1 ghost issue in 30 min of game play.

1 Like