Some buildings are boxes after SU5 and 2 Hotfixes (and tiles that miss ai buildings altogether)- Issue still present WU6

I raised a ticket for this on zendesk, but will add the following details to it. It would be good if someone can try what I;ve done below to see if they can reproduce it.

Summary:
Uninstalling World Update 3 resolves missing autogen and airport buildings in Edinburgh
With WU3 installed, autogen buildings in the centre of Edinburgh change during the same flight - details and screen shots below

Details:
WU3 uninstalled, settings ultra (toggled low/ultra but made no difference). 4 shots at 90 degress from the same spot in the Royal Mile Edinburgh (I live here, so i know it very well)

Note the church circled in red in the first picture is flat - no autogen

Now we’ll drone over to the airport, taking in the Gyle shopping centre and some 2-3 story office buildings on the way - these all look like good autogen

(airport buildings intact + the freeware mod I use for the multistory carpark and control tower working fine)

And now back to the Castle area, via a couple of example autogen populated street areas that look perfectly fine

And then the church near the castle again, just to check (you’ll see why below)

OK, so now what happens when I install WU3, settings on Ultra.

Here’s the same 4 angles near the castle

Note the church now - much better!

The weird thing is that this is an autogen building, not photogrammetry and I’m pretty sure it’s not a handcrafted point of interest. But somehow, with WU3 installed, I’m now getting this building. Compare that to the first shot above.

Note also the floating castle (but at least we have a castle):

I now do the same drone trip over to Edinburgh Airport via the Gyle/Office blocks
Here’s a flat Gyle Centre:

And the nearby 2-3 story offices - some flat, some not

And here’s the airport, with missing terminal buildings (the freeware add on still shows the multistory carpark and control tower you can see)

Now let’s go back to the Castle area and the same two street areas we checked before

One is flat:

The other is not:

And now we enter the “Twilight Zone” (cue music) THIS IS THE SAME FLIGHT - just minutes later - I’ve zipped over to the airport and back…and this is now those same angles over the Royal Mile as before:

It now looks worse than without WU3 (compare the pictures with the red circles on the church):

2 Likes