Some buildings are boxes after SU5 and 2 Hotfixes (and tiles that miss ai buildings altogether)- Issue still present WU6

Have not tested to reinstall the perviously deleted WU Procedural Buildings packages, but no issues here. Don’t think WU6 has Procedural Buildings.

The posts below were merged from a similar thread reporting what seems to be the same issues.

Brief description of the issue:

Edinburgh Airport main terminal does not show at all, only boarding ramps.

Edinburgh Castle appears to be floating significantly above the underlying terrain mesh.

Autogen buildings in and around Edinburgh either fail to draw in at all, show as simple geometric untextured boxes or occasionally briefly show as intended but then revert to one of the previous states.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Edinburgh Castle misaligned

No autogen

Incomplete autogen

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Happens constantly in and around Edinburgh on Xbox Series X.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

NA - Xbox version. ( I have anecdotal evidence from fellow forum users that this is also happening on PC, but cannot confirm. Also, apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I couldn’t see any Xbox specific bug thread and I have tagged it accordingly. )

Link to initial discussion:

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

Yes :#115758

also reported in:

and yep… somewhat is not ok with England and this not only on an xbox.

EDIT : I forgot

there is a link in top line of forum called “Support”. This forwards you to the resp. side… you need to create an account and then you can create a “ticket”.

I can totally confirm that it’s an issue for PC users also.
That this is also reported for Xbox does indeed make it look like a server side issue.

Open support tickets with Zendesk to make them aware and hopefully let’s get it resolved for all

Have figured the Zendesk thing out now thanks and have opened a ticket - will update my original post.

Thanks for your replies. Hopefully it’s picked up eventually - the sim as a whole is hugely impressive, at least to a newly arrived xboxer like me.
It’s just a shame that the first thing you want to see or share with local family is borked at the moment. Kind of ruins the whole ‘find your house’ thing a bit. :confused:

1 Like

I raised a ticket for this on zendesk, but will add the following details to it. It would be good if someone can try what I;ve done below to see if they can reproduce it.

Summary:
Uninstalling World Update 3 resolves missing autogen and airport buildings in Edinburgh
With WU3 installed, autogen buildings in the centre of Edinburgh change during the same flight - details and screen shots below

Details:
WU3 uninstalled, settings ultra (toggled low/ultra but made no difference). 4 shots at 90 degress from the same spot in the Royal Mile Edinburgh (I live here, so i know it very well)

Note the church circled in red in the first picture is flat - no autogen

Now we’ll drone over to the airport, taking in the Gyle shopping centre and some 2-3 story office buildings on the way - these all look like good autogen

(airport buildings intact + the freeware mod I use for the multistory carpark and control tower working fine)

And now back to the Castle area, via a couple of example autogen populated street areas that look perfectly fine

And then the church near the castle again, just to check (you’ll see why below)

OK, so now what happens when I install WU3, settings on Ultra.

Here’s the same 4 angles near the castle

Note the church now - much better!

The weird thing is that this is an autogen building, not photogrammetry and I’m pretty sure it’s not a handcrafted point of interest. But somehow, with WU3 installed, I’m now getting this building. Compare that to the first shot above.

Note also the floating castle (but at least we have a castle):

I now do the same drone trip over to Edinburgh Airport via the Gyle/Office blocks
Here’s a flat Gyle Centre:

And the nearby 2-3 story offices - some flat, some not

And here’s the airport, with missing terminal buildings (the freeware add on still shows the multistory carpark and control tower you can see)

Now let’s go back to the Castle area and the same two street areas we checked before

One is flat:

The other is not:

And now we enter the “Twilight Zone” (cue music) THIS IS THE SAME FLIGHT - just minutes later - I’ve zipped over to the airport and back…and this is now those same angles over the Royal Mile as before:

It now looks worse than without WU3 (compare the pictures with the red circles on the church):

2 Likes

Same problem in Belfast. It seems there is something seriously damaged with World Update III.

1 Like

Same in Dublin.

2 Likes

Thanks for this Gordon - very thorough and helpful. Also very much what I’m seeing on xbox.
As a fellow local, hopefully this will be picked up in the next world update.

1 Like

Great post. It IS totally like the Twilight Zone right?

I’m fairly sure that is the Cathedral that it’s captured in my WU3 screenie as the building with the crenellated tower that my Spitfire is above…and I have seen it a lot since SU5 as a double tower office block.

That church in your screenie is definitely more church than office block but does have hints of wrong regional architecture.

But as you mention, it’s like a different experience with every pass even within the same flight.

I consistently get no airport terminal. (Pretty much tried every combination of things except simply leaving the world update out of my install completely.)

I think I’m just going to hum the Twilight Zone tune next time a fly over an area like this…

1 Like

I have actually seen a similar situation in Liverpool. There are times when I circle around the city, and discover autogen buildings missing on one pass, but not another. This only since SU5.

Guys, for a work around this issue you need to remove the ‘procedural buildings’ part of the world updates.

In content manger just type “procedural” in the search box. That should list the procedural buildings for all the world updates. Delete them all.

Obviously you’re going to lose whatever new building types they included in them, but you will at least have your cities fully housed again and you don’t lose anything else from the world updates.

Best we can do until Asobo fix the issue properly.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip, I’ll give it a shot.

same in some part of France, flat land.
in asia, sometimes building looks under construction, missing some parts (roof, walls…)

This issue appears to impact at least UK, Nordics and France/Benelux. (I haven’t tried US and Japan yet.)

Did some random tests in UK tonight. A sweep of rural south Devon actually looked ok,
Looked like mostly the correct building types.

Glasgow to Edinburgh was mixed. Glasgow airport and Paisley look ok, Glasgow itself…mixed. Across country to Edinburgh ok(ish) Edinburgh an absolute mess.

I’ve noticed some issues with autogen in Oslo, Stockholm and Bruges - all areas, as you note, that have had world updates.
Stu’s work around does work on xbox too, so that helps in the meantime, but hopefully an official fix will be incoming.
Everytime I see Edinburgh Castle it reminds me of…

…although I think floating POIs may be a separate issue.

1 Like

If handcrafted scenery is floating that sort of indicates that something has happened to the elevation data maybe?

1 Like

Edinburgh still appears to be an issue for me after WU6 also.
Can anybody confirm incorrect autogen buildings? Castle missing flag etc?

@somethingbrite Prompted by this post https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/egac-and-belfast-issues-from-su5-still-not-solved/452807/14
I went and had a look at Edinburgh myself, loading the flight over the city. I confirm that with all WU (inc 3) installed I am seeing the blocky buildings as well. All of the below screenshots were taken using the drone camera as I wizzed around the city. I was using the North European server and am based in the UK myself.

The grey building in the center of this screen shot is supposed to be the church referenced by

Wonky autogen here:

I can confirm the ‘floating castle’ as well, but many I think have reported this.

The ‘blocky’ buildings for me extend all the way to the airport EGPH

Limited airport buildings:

When I started a fresh flight and spawned at EGPH the terminal buildings were back

Taking the aircraft back to the city I am seeing missing autogen buildings in places as well
(These shots were taken using external view rather than the drone cam)

2 Likes