Some buildings are boxes after SU5 and 2 Hotfixes (and tiles that miss ai buildings altogether)- Issue still present WU6

obviously not, as your screenshot show, half the buildings are missing!

1 Like

Interesting. I can’t see these missing buildings you’re talking about. Can you take a screenshot of your Sim flying in the same spot & show me the difference?

If it turns out you’re right I’ll also have to take steps to fix mine.

Second image has several areas where you can see the ‘buildings’ are just textures on the ground.

I see that, but can you reproduce the same image with the buildings there?
(So we can determine if they where there in the first place?)

There you go, it’s actually rather easy to find, since there are a couple of threads about this bug:

Yeah, all those POI in the UK, Football stadiums, Buildings etc everything is flat! Asobo has done a good number everywhere you look. I don’t want SU6 I just want everything back that has been taken away from the PC game! Not a lot to ask, it was all there 3 weeks ago!

2 Likes

Lately i am seing some airports buildings being ripped in half and ceilings floating on the air.
Anyone else?
I saw that in Cuncun Intl and Miami Intl as well

Somewhere near Tampa-Florida today.It is getting worse?Also roads above water being cut in half etc.
OutrageousđŸ€Ż

Oh great.Now even the whole Edinburg airport is missing

2 Likes

Miami - Scenery melted and airports buildings with no roof,along with choppy fps
I deleted rolling cache.i defaulted all data settings,i re enabled cache,nothing changed.
Is ASOBO aware of this ? How come not many people vote this ?

VERY ANNOYING. I am stunned that this degradation of the FS world got by testers - probably didn’t, most likely ignored by Asobo in favour of a timed release.

Anyway, to fly out from an airport with good buildings in the area, and then to come back twenty minutes later and find chunks of autogen buildings missing where buildings once stood, this is not a pleasing experience (God, I had to be diplomatic to phrase it like that - Not the first words that came to my mind)

There was a time when the visuals were once the pride of the sim. And now? Immersion killing to say the least.

1 Like

:joy: A very polite way to explain things indeed.
Yes this is outrageous.Yet,i don’t see anywhere someone adressing it officialy

Also Dublin again now missing whole squares.Hello 2D sim.
I mean seriously,isn’t asobo going to adress this ? I thought our problems were over after 12 months and now this happens?

1 Like

When I was using Aerofly FS2, I had a go at “Geoconversion”. This was creating photoscenery where none existed. It was great, until one remembered there were no trees, and no buildings over this photography. One BIG plus for me was when MSFS came out with both photoscenery and autogen. Alas, with great chunks of autogen randomly disappearing, MSFS is degrading.

But this is NOT just one isolated incident. The entire development trajectory Asobo is on is flawed. Each update has brought some visual degradation, and these are not always fixed. I just commented on another post regarding the halo around trees, aircraft, etc. This has been with us for months and simply ignored.

What if THIS issue of disappearing autogen is also ignored? Then the cumulative impact is negative visual presentation. I will postulate the opinion that some issues seem to be ignored or shelved with the hope that users will become so used to them that they shrug their shoulders and say “C’est la vie.”

This is not good enough. It is an insult to the fan base, and brings very little confidence for the future cumulative improvement of the base program. Surely a ten year development should mean ten years of improvement, not ten years of remedial work to fix their newly-introduced screw ups.

4 Likes

Getting this around the world as well. Confirmed during the Nordic bush trips.

1 Like

OK
so the KMIA and the KBOS terminal buildings is a known issue. Sux it’s happening, but at least I know it’s not just me. LOL

1 Like

Just noticed the same thing flying over Oslo. It’s ridiculous

Also, loving the building quality in many places when they DO show up:

Just featureless blocks of the “are you kidding me ?!” variety.

3 Likes

sums up pretty much every uk city

2 Likes

Is it safe to say that there have been a lot of zendesk tickets pushed to Asobo for this issue?

1 Like

regarding the marketing secrecy strategy on not giving any info about what bugs they not only “know” of but work on or even how many users report them, i gave up filing zendesk tickets, for the reason of getting the same automated useless answere or even getting reports marked as “solved” which clearly is not the case.

1 Like