Some clouds are rendered ugly

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and add-ons?

no

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

no

Brief description of the issue:

Some clouds look horrible. I had not seen it before.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Flying into EDDF with live weather

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Nvidia RTX 4070, AMD 7800X3D, 1440p
TAA, rendering scale 100, AMD fidelityfx sharpening set to 20
global rendering quality ultra

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

This isn’t a new issue, but was marked as fixed previously. I personally have not seen it yet. Your screenshot does look grainy in all however :slight_smile:

I notice the quality of uploaded images suffers a lot. Maybe imgur upload works better:

Imgur

Yeah it’s one of the worst things in the sim. The clouds are not good, and the colours are all wrong. Just look at the colours in this all yellow and brown. I never have seen clouds this colour.

4 Likes

speaking of colors, I noticed yesterday evening that the sky at EDDF did look like Sydney during a sand storm. Completely red sky. When I looked out of the window it was neutral grey :wink: Unfortunately did not make a screenshot, otherwise I would have reported this as well.

2 Likes

Another thread moaning about clouds no wonder the big issues don’t get fixed when everyone’s a cloud expert.
Im too busy flying to critique the clouds

2 Likes

Thanks for your valuable contribution :slight_smile:
It just caught my attention as, even in an airliner, looking outside the window and situational awareness is part of the job, isn’t it? In the end, priority is always set by the dev team.

5 Likes

I definitely get quite a few grainy clouds too

5 Likes

yes grainy clouds are back

3 Likes

MissTschai, are you currently part of the SU14 beta?

Weather is a talked about subject. Weather Underground tracks 350k+ Personal Weather Stations (PSW). I talk to my mom and a lot of others about weather. I was floating in the pool and saw a dog and mickey mouse in the clouds. Weather is the most talked about in your local news. In the sim you are always going to get dissenters. Weather is a big hobby. Yes, the weather in the sim can be improved. However, for me the weather it is perfectly fine. If the dev improves the weather great!

1 Like

Yes, I am indeed.

1 Like

I agree, I think these clouds should improve, put a TAA directly on the edges of these clouds to improve a little, even in FSX there are no granudala clouds.

1 Like

those clouds are ugly and have been in the sims since su7 unfortunately! there is endless example all over the forum, see the topic of METAR DISRUPT THE WEATHER. I find them usually in weather fronts that are supposed to be multi layered or very intense…instead we only get those massime has coloured clouds that are also of an unreal red if you fly at sunset.

1 Like

Clouds rendering should have anything to do what the metar is reporting. Ive had no problems since this last SU with metar in the sim. These ugly clouds are specifically in my opinion on the rendering system itself.

This is a reminder that this thread is meant to serve as a bug topic, not a discussion topic. If you are experiencing this issue, please feel free to report your findings using the following template. In addition, if you find workarounds or processes that helped resolve the bug for you, please feel free to post about it, as it may help the team’s investigation. Outside of this, please use an existing or new topic in the appropriate Discussion Hub to discuss this bug. All other posts will be removed.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: