Something wrong with Atlanta, GA?

There is something very strange about KATL I haven’t figured out. I have a flight plan IFR KORD to KATL that I’ve been using with the TBM 930 as a test flight. Prior to the last update, I found a memory leak when I arrived in KATL airspace driving down the frame rate to about 2 FPS. I opened a ticket with Zendesk giving them all the info. Unfortunately my ticket was classified as “Performance” and closed by Zendesk. A memory leak isn’t a performance problem. It is a code problem.

After the update I flew the same test flight. The performance was better before reaching KATL which is good. However, when I arrived in KATL airspace the FPS cratered just like before. The update didn’t fix my problem with KATL.

I saved a .flt file at this point where 2 FPS was occurring in order to recreate the problem. I exited the flight and MSFS. I returned the next day to continue testing. I loaded the .flt file starting the flight where I was having 2 FPS. When I resumed the flight, the FPS was normal, not at 2 FPS. The TBM 930 flew the remainder of the flight including the ILS approach into KATL. Okay…

I decided to re-fly the original test flight plan from KORD to KATL. When I arrived in KATL airspace, the FPS cratered again to 2 FPS. I was at the same exact place where I was about 3 hours earlier when the frame rate was “normal”.

This does not make sense. Two times flying the test flight had the same results, 2 FPS arriving near KATL. One test flight starting near KATL finishing the same flight from earlier and had no FPS problems. There were no MSFS changes made, no driver updates, and no add-ons added between these three flights. The ONLY difference is that one flight is resumed. Why does resuming the flight make a difference? But it does…

Since the last update, there have been posts stating that the “performance problem” hasn’t been fixed and other posts reporting performance improvements.

The challenge is showing Asobo that there still is a major problem that was not fixed in the last update.

8 Likes