Songs to fly to: the Microsoft Flight Simulator music playlist

Try: Airport - Motors

Hold the Line: Tom Morello
“Nobody said it would be easy”

1 Like

Flying High Again, by Ozzy!

1 Like

Tori Amos deep cut! Well done!

What a nice list. Thank you for all the effort to put that together. Very appreciated !

1 Like

Any Hard House or Techno especially this one :stuck_out_tongue: always makes me fly faster.

1 Like

Well, I never expected to see mention of Neutral Milk Hotel in the MSFS forums :grin:

Two from one band for consideration :
[Oasis - Up In The Sky (Official Lyric Video) - YouTube]
[Oasis - Supersonic (Official HD Remastered Video) - YouTube]

1 Like

Had opened a similar task sometime in the past (much to lazy to search for it now :wink: ) which got closed already because for over 30 days nobody posts in it.
Let’s start a new one :metal:

What’s your favourite tunes to listen to while flying currently?
(Just in case you are listening to music while flying)

Here are mine:
Papa Roach - Last resort
Danzig - Mother (like the line “Do you wanna bang heads with me?”)
Faith No More - We care a lot
Stoneman - Mord ist Kunst (Remastered)
Me first and the Gimme Gimmes - CIty of New Orleans
Social Disturtion - Reach for the sky
Turbonegro - Hurry up and die
Rancid - Rubi Soho
Sabaton - No bullets fly

Pearl Jam - Bugs

2 Likes

Almost every IRL pilot I know (myself included) tunes the ADF to an AM radio station and listens to the oldies while flying cross country. :rofl: :radio:

2 Likes

Haha I know this! I have a PPL and remember going on night flights (I only liked flying at night) flights with a pilot buddy with two friends in the back in a C172.

The two in the back were entertained by the friendly spats between us in the front over turning the ADF radio on/off !

1 Like

Used to do the same thing - put on the ballgame on long night cross-country flights. Remember when they were published on sectionals as “BS” (Broadcast Stations) so you could actually somewhat use them to navigate?

1 Like

There was an add on for one of the earlier versions of MSFS, where you could add a car type radio to your gauges and it would play music files from your hard drive.

Songs that need to be available as the sim’s intro music:
Pink Floyd, “Learning to Fly”
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, “Learning to Fly”
Foo Fighters, “Learn to Fly”

When doing @Crunchmeister71’s “Canyonball Run,” the Mach Loop, Star Wars Canyon, or any other high speed run - any playlist featuring heavy metal and/or classic rock.

Any part of Florida south of Tampa: Jimmy Buffet playlist.

1 Like

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!!! :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

Thanks for the inspiration

Love John Williams, he makes the movies come to life and did so especially when I was a little boy…Jaws, E.T., Jurassic Park, Star Wars (I am not a big Star Wars guy as Episode IV: A New Hope came out 8 years before I was born but everyone knows most of the music especially, “The Imperial March”) so I agree with you that he is the greatest composer of our time.

I have to say though, that Hans Zimmer is catching up to him. I always tell my friends that John Williams was the greatest of the 20th and very early 21st century (though Zimmer had some great music is the 90’s like The Lion King, Rain Man, and Crimson Tide for example ) and Hans Zimmer has taken the mantle from the the 21st century (Batman Begins in 2005, The Dark Knight in 2008, Inception in 2010 etc.) but his best score in my opinion is Interstellar (2014) and I will put that soundtrack on when flying, or most of Zimmer’s work in a random playlist. “No Time For Caution” when you are coming in for a really tough landing in real bad weather or something…it is great!

Enjoy your flying everyone!!!

2 Likes