Songs to fly to: the Microsoft Flight Simulator music playlist

Any Iron Eagle fans?

3 Likes

I listen to everything I can get my hands on outside of angsty, “fill every inch of sonic space with loud” kind of music, except in the rare occasions where I need to feel aggressive. I’ve been a gigging musician for decades, so a lot of what I listen to is the stuff I like to play: jazz, soul, rock, pop, and various combinations and sub genres of those. Jazz-rock like Steely Dan is my wheelhouse, along with west coast jazz, soul-jazz, fusion, old school funk, 80’s synth pop, new wave, and basically anything with a groove and good melodic and harmonic structure.

For sim flying, because I’m streaming, I want stuff that doesn’t get in the way of my narratives and conversations, or anything that’s too distracting, so I have a blend of instrumental stuff in the groove jazz realm that works pretty well at being a backdrop for the awesome scenery in the sim.

Never say die, Iron Eagle

Sure, best 80ies hard rock :metal:

1 Like

couldn’t resist

also cant forget the great danger zone

And any Jazz Radio Station; relax for me piloting and for the passengers watching the landscape

Jazz just works for scenic trips - flying, driving, etc.

With all the hardcore fans of the WWII birds, I’m surprised that this one hasn’t cropped up yet…

1 Like

That reminds me - someone needs to do a semi-fictional paint for the stock 747…

2 Likes

I’ve only flown the 747 twice. This was my first flight with it in Sept 2020.

I need a link to that. Even though I don’t fly it, I’d love to see it parked at a gate now and then!

I’m pretty sure it’s on flightsim.to.

Got it!

That is to say that I have now downloaded this (hopefully) stupendous retexturing of the default Seven-Forty-Seven to the solid state drive held within my personal computer. I will endeavor at a later time (perhaps this weekend) to install the package.

Take that, ten-character minimum…

Think this tune is great when I try to repeat my soaring flight from 0CO2 to KASE.
Had a CTD on monday on the route because of Your bandwidth is too low (February/March/April 2023)

It’s just so many levels of wrong to do that to Twisted Sister!

2 Likes

Really?

OK, everybody has his own opinion.

From my point of view I like nearly every cover version of nearly every rock / metal song I know.
Just because the meaning of the song can shift.

There is nothing more “metal” than getting your head shaved while Dee Snider belts it out at the top of his lungs! I’ve been a head banger for most of my 57+ years, and this counts!

And on a serious note… Since I’ve known people that have lost the battle, and I know people that have won, this video now holds a special place in my life. I’ll be sharing this one with friends!

LINK: Pretzel Rocks

Just finishing up my first week trying Pretzel in my YouTube Livestreams and so far NO PROBLEMS at all with the YouTube AI or Copyright issues.

It’s integrated more into TWITCH. So if you use that you’ll be much happier with install, account and password setup.

There is a desktop and browser app.

It works with OBS for streaming Album Art, Music Titles, Artist info and such.

Monthly or yearly sub prices are FANTASTIC when compared with the joke that is currently YouTube Creator Music (Beta). And. It’s not even for Livestreamers yet. YouTube is so behind creating Creative Commons YouTube Radio Stations, TV and Movie Stations etc.

Anyway. I love listening to music when flying and having the viewers being able to hear it to. It’s brilliant and I’m so happy I found Pretzel.

LINK: Pretzel Rocks

Cheers and Best.

I’m undecided, it’s either Rick Astley’s ‘Never Gonna Give You Up’ or Paul McCartney’s ‘Live and Let Die’

No Doubt About it: … Queens, “Another One Bites the Dust”

4 Likes