South Africa: Part 1 | Grand Caravan

The 2-part journey through South Africa begins with a departure from King Shaka Int’l airport. We will fly through the mountain range, which reminds me of the Grand Canyon, with the valleys, canyons and streams. Although we’ll start off low, you’ll need to pull up the aircraft before hitting the mountain range at 14,000 ft!

We have a 2-part flight once a month to accommodate European members with a more suitable time then flying through the early morning (past midnight start).

When: Fri, Nov 6th @ 7PM ET/midnight Zulu
Where:
:point_right: Voice Channel on Discord → Discord
:point_right: Stream link to follow alongTwitch

Plane: Cessna Grand Caravan
Duration: About 2-3 hours

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat. → Discord

Start: King Shaka Intl (FALE)
Destination: Nohanas Airport (FXNH)

We will be landing at each runway on the flight plan.

TUTORIAL: How To Join A Community Event

FLIGHT PLAN

SOUTH AFRICA P1.PLN (4.7 KB)

To use the flight plan, follow these steps:

-Download the flight plan to an easy-to-remember location
-Open MSFS
-Go to the globe
-Click “Load/Save” on the bottom of your screen
-Click “Load”
-Navigate to the downloaded flight plan
-Click load.

WEATHER
We will use custom weather.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS
Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable - Setting
Server SOUTH-EAST ASIA
Multiplayer All
Live traffic As desired
Weather Few Clouds or Clear Skies

COMMUNICATION
To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Sizzling Nation Discord” at https://discord.gg/r5tmFRs will be available to join. You can also follow along through the Twitch stream: Twitch.

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use the “slew” mode to join the pack.

This is event is open to everyone of all skill levels and is meant to be a fun event to meet other sim pilots.

1 Like

Updated the original post with the details and flight plan for Friday night.

Just a few hours away from our weekly Friday night flight! This weekend is our monthly 2-part flight, where we fly both Friday night and Saturday afternoon to give a chance to our European members to join. The flight plan tomorrow will be a continuation of this flight.

In tonight’s flight, we’ll be going over tribal areas in South Africa and flying into the mountain range, where you’ll need to climb to 14,000 feet to avoid the peaks!

It doesn’t matter what your skill level is, all are welcome! See you tonight!

We had a lot of fun tonight! Great scenery on this flight plan and more to come in Part 2 tomorrow :point_right: South Africa: Part 2 | Grand Caravan

Here’s a clip from tonight’s stream:

See you tomorrow!

SP

1 Like

hahahaha! I was on final at the time and witnessed the whole thing! You did a complete flip when you hit that rock!
That airstrip was incredible - thanks for taking us along for a great tour.

1 Like

Great plan! Flying this on my own. Gorgeous hills and canyons. Crazy airstrips. Having a blast in my G36. Thanks a bunch!