If you are doubting your participation as a pilot, you should participate. Even though you cannot fulfill the recommendations for flying with ATC, we still encourage participation. Saying all that, fulfilling the requirements is important, because otherwise communication between the controller and the pilot cannot work.
Please check this thread for updates before commencing on your flight on the date of the event.
ATC online at 2020-09-17T17:00:00Z → 2020-09-17T19:30:00Z
PROCEDURES & HANDBOOK
Here you can find a Handbook that has relevant information and the basics in what people taking part in an ATC event should try to follow:
The following are not required but are recommended:
- doing readbacks correctly (acknowledging instructions with roger + callsign is more than sufficient)
- using ICAO phraseology
- using ICAO alphabet
- taxiing correctly
- landing / taking off from the correct runway
- using correct callsign when talking to ATC
- being able to follow “Direct to XY” requests
- maintaining separation to other aircraft
- asking for clearance before pushback
Airport information for planning
ATC-services will be provided on all Finnish airports through center, with more positions open in EFTU and EFHK.
Server (selectable under your gamer tag, right top of the screen): Western Europe
Remember to reclick on all of the options in the menu, even if the settings are already selected.
Live traffic: No
Disable ATC voice from Assistance → User Experience → ATC Voices (set to no) (no need to disable in-game ATC, just don’t adhere to the instructions, when you are in community controlled airspace )
No text-based ATC will be provided (unless for help on the official discord).
We will be using the “Flight Events”-category and the voice channels under the category on the Official Discord
The Flight Events bot will switch you in to the channel with the freq you’ve set in COM1 in MSFS.
FLIGHT TRACKING & “ATC/Pilot-client”
The current build of MSFS does not show other players on the map. Therefore we will use the Flight Events app and the website https://events.flighttracker.tech/
This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.
If you have any questions, you can use the #fe-general channel in Discord!
Hope to see a good turn-out in the event!
- Before the event: Write in #fe-general (in Discord)
- During the event: Ask in #Pre-Flight Planning Voice Chat (in Discord)
- Flight Events with Discord connection to official discord enabled. Check #fe-guide on MSFS Official Discord for help https://events.flighttracker.tech/
- All airports in Finland, more positions offered in EFHK, EFTU
- Spawn at a gate, not on a runway.
- 2020-09-17T17:00:00Z → 2020-09-17T19:30:00Z
- Any aircraft IFR or VFR
- West Europe, Live, No Live Traffic, Live Weather
- If you experience issues with MSFS, either restart at a gate, or slew/spawn enroute at designated altitude
- The frequencies used:
- Disable ATC voice from assistance settings Assistance → User Experience → ATC Voices
- Additional positions updated during the event
- EFIN “CTR” 127.425
- EFHK “APP” 119.100
- EFHK TWR 118.600
- EFTU “APP” 134.570
- EFTP “APP” 126.200
If you want to join as a controller read this forum post: ATConnect