Speed & Altitude AP settings no longer displaying in external HUD after Dec '23 update

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

YES
Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

Airbus A320, Daher TBM 930, Citation Longitude, Cessna Caravan

Which aircraft version are you experiencing this issue on? (You can find this listed in the Content Manager under the Aircraft Name)

All

Brief description of the issue:

The speed and altitude settings, set for Autopilot, no longer show up in the main camera view for all aircraft. They do display in the Garmin 3000 PFD and Airbus A320 Autopilot controls.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

MSFS display issue
MSFS display issue 2

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just turn on MSFS, set up flight, and then view the main external camera. This feature has worked for years

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Intel i9, 32MB RAM, RTX3070 graphics card

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

newest Dec 2023 release

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

2 tags are required: One for platform, and one for aircraft.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

yes

Which aircraft are you reporting an issue about? (Please also add the proper tag for it)

Sr22 but seems to apply to all aircraft with G1000 I have tried since sim Deluxe Premium update

Which aircraft version are you experiencing this issue on? (You can find this listed in the Content Manager under the Aircraft Name)

SR22 and most others with G1000

Brief description of the issue:

Airspeed bug, altimeter bug, VS bug not showing in external view with full instrument display. Airspeed bug seems to be missing from G1000 instrument view.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

See screenshots in second post
Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Fly or on runway
Go to external view with full instrument display. Without deluxe/premium upgrade chase view with full instrumentation looks good. After update airspeed tape at top missing…altitude tape at top missing.
Remove deluxe/premium and display is fine. Re-install display information missing airspeed adjustment display and altimeter adjustment display

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox, TB yoke and pedals, Miap, Premium msfs

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

after last update of deluxe/premium version

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

before and after update

Yes… but on xbox
In chase plane view with full instrumentation… Any plane with G1000 appears to be missing airspeed and altitude adjustment input since sim update 14.
i removed all add-ons and even re-installed the base game. Same result.

No

I am using the PC version. Will try to make some more tests.

A320

C172 G1000

Caravan C208

Hello,
What is OP refer to (“follow OP steps to reproduce”)

OP = “Original Post” or “Original Poster”. In summary: the 1st post or the person who published the 1st post.

1 Like

Ah, thank you. The answer is that now, every time I boot up and reboot my computer and MSFS, this issue occurs.

1 Like

Is you community folder empty when performing the test ?

There are ONLY some liveries that have been in there for over 3 years without any problems.

I would recommend to perform a test with that folder empty even if you think the texture have nothing to do with your issue.

No change. Must be a bug.

Yes

I use an Xbox Series X

Thank you for affirming this is a new bug. Hopefully MS will fix it soon.

1 Like

I have been able to reproduce the issue and find a way to have the AP info back, could you please try below steps if they work for you ?

1- start cold & dark at a parking position, airspeed & altitude AP info are missing

2- press ESC, go to assistance options and setup the external HUD (chase cam) to OFF

3- resume your flight, HUD is OFF

4- press ESC, go to assistance options again and setup the external HUD (chase cam) to FULL, still no AP info

5- press ESC, click on RESTART

6- you should have the AP info back for this flight and the next ones

I’ll try this on my Xbox…

1 Like

I tried it on my x-box. It works the displays show but it is only temporary. If you then go to internal view and/or instrument view when you return to external view they are gone again for the rest of the flight. I did not take more screen shots as they are the same as my original. Thanks for the try though. I hope the others have better luck.

1 Like

I have the same issue as BinaryFiddle; as soon as the view is changed, the settings disappear for good. But you are on to something since the information does show up after following your steps. The bug seems to be associated with the Heads UP display.

1 Like

yes

To reproduce the issue (assuming AP Airspeed/Altitude labels are shown on your external Full HUD):

1- start cold & dark at a parking position, airspeed & altitude AP info are showing-up on the external view with HUD (chase cam) setup to FULL
2- press ESC, go to assistance options and setup the external HUD to OFF
3- resume your flight in external view, HUD (chase cam) is OFF
4- press ESC, go to assistance options again and setup the external HUD (chase cam) to FULL, resume your flight, AP airspeed/altitude labels should be missing

1 Like

As mentioned, this does get the altitude and speed to show up, but they disappear as soon as the view is changed.

Also worth noting, I use VelocityOne Flightstick and Thrustmaster Boeing throttle. I tried changing the settings to default on both, but the issue still remains. No problem using these until the Dec update, and, of course, I can’t fly without these 2 peripherals.

1 Like

yes

flaps, trim, altitude & speed missing from external hud view