Spikes on Terrain and and Mesh Problems - Global

I confirm this enormous bug too ! There are spikes all around LFLG (Le Versoud). This is just horrible. Please, dev team, fix it !

And yet, still no acknowledgement from ASOBO that this is even an issue.

1 Like

Holidays have started.

Nice of them to leave us with this - just as many of us wanted to enjoy a bit of sim time during our time off work! Oh well - how long is it until the next update?!

2 Likes

Hi everyone, thank you for your feedback! There’s indeed some inconsistencies on Earth :slight_smile:
The team is informed and is looking into it!

In order to give us extra informations - don’t hesitate to edit your post here adding coordinates along with your screenshots. This will be very helpful.

Any coordinates from a map should do!

Many thanks.

13 Likes

I’m no modder but it’s relatively easy, if somewhat tedious, to fix these glitches by using the SDK to place terraforming polygons over them. I’ve found that most of these glitches are related to placement of inland water bodies, usually small lakes or pond. And sometimes shadows on the satellite imagery that have been interpreted as water. Obviously far too many of these glitches to be fixed by hand by one person but I’ve managed to fix many of them for the areas I fly in. No doubt it’s a bit quixotic of me but until we get an official fix it’s soothed my OCD :upside_down_face:

These spikes are everywhere in the world, impossible to miss for anyone who is using the sim for more than a few minutes.

But if it helps, here an example:

2 Likes

Good to know they’re on the case. I’d be happy to PM through my SDK files with my personal fixes if it helps. It would pinpoint a lot of the glitches.

1 Like

As some users pointed out, the spikes seem to be caused by small water bodies. Here an example near Grenoble:

1 Like

The hills, spikes and faulty scenery is everywhere I have flown, all over Switzerland and the UK. These scenery glitches are not the first time its happened. I do wish those responsible would test their updates first, I really do, especially before Xmas when we will all want to escape relatives :grinning: and spend more time flying
Releasing an update (downdate in many cases) a few days before Xmas is really not taking the customers (us) into consideration. Poor show, poor decision making, and insufficient pre-testing. This sim could be so great, I just wish things would be tested more before being “forced” upon us.

9 Likes

At LOWS. We see spike during finale rwy15 and on airport

3 Likes

The same in portugal in the area of ​​the capital lisbon two new mountains :zipper_mouth_face: :smirk:

Seeing quite a few of these…there are some just a mile or two NE of KBWI . Obviously it appears to be a global issue!!

toulouse france, and always when you have water

Thanks, I will take that as the fact that ASOBO have at least acknowledged this terrain spike issue.

Yup… have them too. Just a quick check at Concrete, Washington (3W5).

Good thing I have Cyberpunk 2077, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Spider-Man: Miles Morales to last me for the next few months. Maybe there will be a point in time somewhere in the future where new updates don’t break essential things that worked fine before.

At this point I’ve lost all motivation to even launch the sim. And I’m not being dramatic. Every time I try a flight there is a new bug that wasn’t there in previous versions spoiling it for me. Not fun at all.

5 Likes

Yesterday i purchased Montpellier Airport, just South - East of it there are scenery spikes like everywhere else in the world… no need to provide coordinates…they are just everywhere.

5 Likes

Thank you for informing us that the team is aware; that’s all we needed.
Edit: and of course a fix, but this is a good first step

2 Likes

No X-mas for the team now
unfortunately…

i do not think they look at this now,but surprise me :+1:

1 Like