Spikes on Terrain and and Mesh Problems - Global

Brief description of the issue:
Spikes around EDDL
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Happen every Time i start,was ok before,fly a lot here,it is my Home…

New Update new Bugs ! All over the World Peaks ! Whats going wrong with Asobo?
Spikes in Italy and France
Scenery Spikes
Discussion: Sim Update 2 (1.12.13.0)
Elevation artifacts at VTSW
Florence Italy bugs spikes in scenery
We need big solutions to big problems
A global solution for the world-wide spike & elevation artifacts introduced by Update 1.12.13
Weird Anomaly
[BUG LOGGED] Mountains/coastlines constantly morphing since the USA/UK/Nordics World Updates
To Venice, Italy...terrain monoliths
I love Spike Jones, Spike Lee, Spike Milligan, but spikes in my scenery?
Bush Trip strange scenery
UTO (Unidentified Terra Object)
Unusual spikes at Interlaken
Chicago graph problems
Terrain glitch near MHV / SEMH waypoint (Peru)
Divonne les Bains
Divonne les Bains
Scenery Spikes after latest update
Broken
Scenery Spikes
Moutain pikes appeared in 1.12.13.0
Vancouver island messed up after last update
LOWS messed up after latest update
Terrain glitch near KOMA airport
Spikes in Italy and France
Bugs terrain Geneva
Spikes in The Netherlands
Terrain glitch near KOMA airport
Artefacts visible vers Grenoble!
Scenery south of Bishop KBIH discrepancies
Problème d'altimétrie pics de terrain ponctuels
Canadian Rockies - oddities
Monoliths Near Omaha
Objects sticking up near LSZH
Strange pyramids
Spikes around Interlaken Airport Switserland
Random Triangle hills in the distance ! Vanish once you get closer 50.93129853247042, -2.609674095398826
Strange textures since the update
Terrain Spikes North of LIHH near Rome Italy
Artefacts in Scenery
WTH is going on with the mountains?!
Spike at Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Elevation artifacts at VTSW
Terrain glitches (EGCB) Manchester UK
New Monoliths
Massive Skyscraper at Pirate Cove Resort, KEED
Scenery Spikes
Massive Skyscraper at Pirate Cove Resort, KEED
Strange mountains near Hanover
I found Tower of Babel
Spike in Belize

1 Like

Same here. I get a similar spike after taking off from KSFO and turning South into the Silicon Vally, close to San Carlos Airport:

It only disappears if I am very close by.

I often fly this region and am pretty sure this wasn 't here before, should have been introduced with today’s update. It’s been reproducible in 3 flights with restart of the simulator. No cache in use.

6 Likes

to bad,now the christmaslockdown is more bad,as the Sim now makes no more fun…
also the Lod look´s bad now…

6 Likes

Same issue taking off from home airport EIDW, they also disappear when u get close then re-appear when u move away

2 Likes

Same here around KCMA (Camarillo, CA). They disappear if I get close, but if I fly away, they reappear. I have rolling cache and photogrammetry turned off.

2 Likes

Has OP tried clearing/deleting rolling cache?

yes,and i have clearing/deleting rolling cache…

I was having the same problem after the update. I would look toward Canada and it looked like there were 20 tornadoes on the shoreline. I quit wrote a post about it in another thread, took a break rebooted ,relaunched, and downloaded the custom livery’s we got as a Xmas present (terrible might I add). Started the flight over again, and all was back to normal, well almost all, the weather menu is no longer accessible in the game but I hardly use that anyways.

Weather menu goes away when you’re settings in Options are for LIVE. Just switch it back, and your weather menu will come back. :wink:

Okay I’ll have to try that out thanks

as long as the Scenery is a mess,i need no Weather,but thank´s :+1:

Scenery hasn’t changed a single bit for me in this latest patch. Not a single thing wrong w/ it on my end.

1 Like

Many messed up structures around EDDL

3 Likes

be happy,my Sim is a Mess now,see pics from other,they have also a mess

this is a no go

1 Like

I get the terrain spikes everywhere. They disappear as you approach but they’re an eyesore from a distance. I suspect it has something to do with how inland bodies of water are dealt with by the autogen. I’ve noticed that there is usually a small pond or lake associated with the terrain spikes.

Also this river in Spain is a total mess. Almost the total length of the rio Ebro is like this.

12 Likes

Yes,look´s like we Have a Christmess now…
Sim is useless for me as is…
Please Vote that they do a hotfix,i want a working Sim for the Time At Christmas lockdown

11 Likes

I keep trying to love this sim. I want to love this sim. Every time I get close to liking this sim, something that looked good yesterday looks terrible today.

It is what it is I suppose…But, I’m really getting ready to stow this “game” for a few months until they stop breaking good things so we can enjoy new features that also don’t work right (snow).

11 Likes

+1 Please Vote that they fix it :wink:

7 Likes

Please go to CYBR. (Brandon Manitoba). Place yourself on the westbound runway. Set weather to clear skies. Look west, and scan the horizon. Please tell me if you see a pyramid on the otherwise flat prairie. This would provide comparison to my experience, and if you see a pyramid, context for you with regard to what many people are reporting. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

2 Likes