Discussion: Sim Update 2 (1.12.13.0)

Thanks for that link. No- I went to NYC and BOS- no snow. Went a little further north and saw snow. I guess the snow needs to be deeper before it shows in the sim maybe?

My Norton was blocking the game from accessing data during part 3 of 177 or whatever and wasn’t letting the update happen. I got an alert from Norton when I tried a second time that told me what was happening. I had to exclude the game from Norton and then the update continued.

never mind found out.

nvm, found out. Facepalm lol

Seeing a lot of strange pyramid shapes in the ground.

see here

1 Like

I think wind or live weather in general is broken…i have zero wind at FL250

2 Likes

The latest FBW Development version now works for anyone having difficulties.

Oh man so happy to hear this… hopefully no CTD during a long flight.

Downloading now very fast speeds have to go to work :frowning_face: but will look forward to trying tonight.

1 Like

Very happy to see the winter ground textures. Gorgeous!

6 Likes

Can we please have an option to turn off icing effects completely? It was possible in the 320 to keep moving the slider to 0 in developer mode until it stuck, but not anymore. It keeps moving back. All AC seem to have the problem too.

Icing is too-unrealistic in the sim. I really just want to shut it off. But, nobody seems to be listening to my months-long rant about it.

1 Like

Can’t hide the King Air 350i yoke. Do you have this issue too?

1 Like

Currently flying the King Air, no issues here.

That’s a weird one… Should be some conflict with the mod i’m running.

I have been flying over the mountains of Madrid, and there is no snow, although now in reality from my window, it is night, there is a closed fog and I cannot verify it :face_with_hand_over_mouth: but in autum/winter there’s always something on the peaks, although in central winter it’swhen everything it 's painted white, and you can even ski.

I understand that Asobo is based on ‘real time’ models like this:

It’s realistic, because it’s still data from satellite.sensors. In this case (Pyrinees), MSFS2020 represent no the snow cover surface. Well done!

2 Likes

Maybe try logging out of the game… Then logging back in… I think i had this problem once

1 Like

FBW mod will not work with the update until it is updated

I was just going to report the same, all looks really good, then the dreaded SEVERE ICING warning. Totally unrealistic, at least give us a hack to disable this.

2 Likes

The dev version now works tonight.

2 Likes

Endless Loading Screen, not even getting to the main menue. Deleted everything inside the Community folder. So there seems to be one last solution: Reinstall the sim? Nice move to brake the game right befor the christmas holidays :slight_smile:

2 Likes