Spikes on Terrain and and Mesh Problems - Global

Lots of spikes around EPWS.

Each time Asobo sets hard deadline to issue the update (VR 22/12 in this case) they fail to execute proper quality control/testing.
How much time they will need to learn to have quality first and marketing following. If the marketing guys set the impossible deadlines, the releases are rushed full of bugs. They should learn to not set hard deadlines, and to issue the updates only when the proper testing was completed.

I spotted the spikes one minute after take off, impossible to imagine that they at Asobo managed to miss these enormous towers all across the landscape.
Normally in Europe the IT companies release their teams for a week long Christmas break (to consume still unused 2020 vacation and follow the labour code). Hard to imagine why they decided to release such enormous update just before Christmas:

• they will either need to ask the team to fix it during Christmas,
  • or to keep the sim broken during Christmas time.

Hard to imagine worse case of bad timing and ignoring either the team or the customers.

6 Likes

Dear @OlieTsubasa443
I wonder why you believe it’s funny (:slight_smile:). The update made a product used by a couple of millions of customers barely usable. In my opinion this is another severe case of lack of quality control and lack of the respect to the customers. This is rather serious, nothing to smile.

8 Likes

5mi west of Toulouse, France (LFBO)

1 Like

I think they were out of pure good will to implement VR support before Christmas. After all it’s a free update and Asobo/Microsoft didn’t seem to receive much extra revenue from it.

I hate to think that the developers have to work over holidays for our holiday hobbies. However rushed update not only displeased customers but also negatively impacted their own revenue. As professionals they have to and will fix it ASAP.

In future updates, how about introduce some kind of parallel running system will will allow some players to hold or backtrack from new update for a while? This would actually benefit development team more by allowing them to mass test new things without worrying too much about messing up the whole game. It would be like releasing “beta updates” in many other games (Capitalism Lab for example) and effectively hired customers as testers for free!

They can even charge for the “Expert Users” privilege which will be able to try and back track from new “beta” updates weeks before other players. How much would you like to pay for that? $10??

1 Like

20 Likes

All of Québec province is a mess.(like the rest of the Globe i guess
)

Fly near cyqb/cyrq/ cyrc / etc and you’ll see spikes Everywhere and rivers that are feets above ground

They need to fix that problĂšm fast

1 Like

Hope they dont have to fix them 1 by 1 because it will be a loooooooooooooong job

1 Like

All of Vancouver Island needs fixes too please

It seems the flattening algorithm for water bodies needs to be tweaked

3 Likes

Hi,
yes, it is terrible, I notice this after last update.
in west of France, on flat land, there are many hills that should not be there, they disappear when getting closer.
it seems to be link to inland water area. most of lakes, swamps
 are on the top of a hill.

1 Like

Hope they fix this soon. Was flying over South America mountains today and noticed alot of terrain spikes and popping. I then tested over New Zealand and again, terrain popping and massive spikes. Im working on a short film project for msfs 2020 and these spikes kinda make it hard to get mountain footage.

2 Million Pilots 
 367 Votes
 :thinking:

I also get Spikes flying from Florence all along the way to Sardinia
 strange. I suppose I will see them everywhere then.

They were not everywhere. I flied from Central Idaho with lots of water bodies, but didn’t notice any spike, I also tried flying near Watertown, again no spike. However, near Ottawa spikes could be seen in every direction.

I guess something messed up on their server side. Maybe when AI refreshed their sceneries recently, some terrains beyond certain distance were calculated and transformed incorrectly by new AI algorithm.

River Ebro in Spain (800 KM) total disaster, those are my pics. Reported to Zendesk.

Take off from the unexistent LEZA airport and simply watch the river.
When will be have the real LEZG?

5 Likes

Same problem here in quebec canada !

2 Likes

Any chance this could be announced as being looked into on the discord/twitter?

1 Like

There’s a decent LEZG gone up on Flightsim.to in the last few days. Shame about the Ebro though

Same at ENGM

Approximate coordinates:

latitude 60,2344
longitude 11,1079

Don’t forget California
 about three miles from my house!

:smiley:

1 Like

Guys, don’t forget to report the bug to Zendesk, with screenshots and coordinates. This will have more effect than posting here.

However I have little hope this bug will still be fixed before the holidays are over :sob: