Spikes on Terrain and and Mesh Problems - Global

That makes sense.

I flew in Scotland from Cark airfield to Prestwick airport today and had no spike issues during that flight. After that I returned to the Florence area in Italy and encountered the same problems I posted about before. The interesting thing is that they disappear when you get close to them. These spikes and terrain issues are disembellishing the landscape and the realistic experience of flying. This all occurred btw after the recent update. I will include some photographs to illustrate my point. Removing LOD and texture issues manually is not an option, I think, this should be sorted by quality control.

Cheers, Marc

2 Likes

They will not have to fix them all manually. As most of the spikes and anomalies seem to be related to shallow water bodies, there seems to be an issue with one of the data sources or the algorithm to generate the terrain.

But I would expect it to take some time. First they have to identify the source of the errors, then fix it, test it and finally generate the entire world again (supposedly 2 petabytes). And most of the devs will be in Christmas holidays now…

This is my biggest criticism: Why push this update just before the holidays, when people will have time to enjoy the sim, but on the other hand, the resources will be limited in case something will go wrong. This is really bad planning.

In the meantime, please don’t stop to report the glitches (ideally with screenshot and coords), to let them know about the severity of the issue.

7 Likes

Thanks for your reply, agreed

Cheers, Marc

My vote here, too. No screenshot, but it´s also between EDDK( Cologne, Germany ) and Leverkusen Airfield.
Hope they´ll fix this soon…

the same things in all mountains sceneries, but not in the other sceneries.

1 Like

Yep same. Flew over New York and Bing data/photgrammetry stuffed again. Buildings look like they’ve melted. Server issues perhaps?

Its possible, when I first started this morning it told me my files were outdate then just kept pushing me to the press any key to start screen. I killed it from Task Manager, restarted it was okay, Live Weather was even pretty close to spot on. Then I started 3rd flight sunny skies no snow over and over again, I gave up.

Huge spike north of Hofn, Iceland. Looks the peak overlooking Rio De Janeiro.

1 Like

Same here. Never seen them before this latest update. Was flying over Kyoto Japan and they were everywhere in the distance.

same around Geneva and Mont Blanc area in the french Alps

I’m having the same problems, but it seems to be only when I fly somewhere that I haven’t flown previously before the most recent update. In addition to the spikes, I am also getting severe mesh problems, it looks awful. Areas where I flew several times prior to the update look fine.

Hi, same spikes in Italy, around Florence Peretola airport
Thanks
andrea

Yep I’m having the same issue spikes all over the place, it also looks like the building settings have been lowered too rendering isn’t what it was before this patch

1 Like

DAMAGE WORLD!!!

I have uploaded my ad hoc & interim manual fixes to Flightsim.to if it helps alleviate some of the pain for anyone while we await a proper solution. I’m open to adding more fixes if you specify where you find glitches. Also interested to confirm that my fixes work ok for others

3 Likes

There are two or three in Redwing, MN along the Mississippi…Not so far from MSP. One is in front of Redwing Reg. Runway 27.

i try at EDDL now.thank´s
Sorry,same as before…

That´s close to EDLE

cheers Ralf

Ok, that’s further from EDDL where I scanned. Can you confirm that that spikes are gone from the immediate vicinity of the airport?

close to EDDL i think it look better now,but there are so many around!
yes close EDDL is a lot better