Spikes on Terrain and and Mesh Problems - Global

I’m not a spike hunter…However, these are too close to the most visited place of this sim.
Few miles north from NYC and visible from Manhattan…It looks like another monument valley.

The sim looked so much better when it launched. They’ve proceeded to break it along the way and no work from them on fixing it unfortunately.

3 Likes

The larger mod from flightsim.to fixes a lot of areas, but it re-breaks the terrain in the VA/WV area that was fixed in the latest update. I really hope Asobo doesn’t simply roll it back but rather FIXES the issues.

They are monoliths placed by an alien intelligence, and they are appearing all over the planet in the real world. “THEY” are coming! :wink:

4 Likes

Author of that mod here.

I suspect 1.12.13 update fixed a lot of areas in the US but broke the rest of the world. If there are areas that were definitely ok in the last update it should be a simple matter of deleting the corresponding cgls in my mod to fix them again. If you give me the LAT/LON of the area/areas in question I can figure out which files to delete from my mod using the bing maps tile numbering system.

1 Like

Can confirm.

French Alps.

Will try to do that tomorrow, but it will be a task. It’s essentially all of Virginia, West Virginia, and bits of Kentucky.

I would like to see this spike problem and the Coastline problem fixed as a top priority.
Just fixing these two problems will make me feel much better about flying.

6 Likes

Very many aberrations between LFSB and LFQW. These spikes did not exist in previous versions.

The spikes are everywhere unfortunately, I encountered them on Guadeloupe in the Carribbean, I encountered them near Redding California, I encountered them half an hour ago whilst flying over Norway near ENNO Nortodden. I urge evryone to report the matter to Zendesk.

Cheers, Marc

2 Likes

Try turning off photo* scenery, The spikes went away for me here when I did that. I turned it back on and they came right back. No spikes with Bing data turn on just the photogrammetry portion of it seems to have this problem here.

Thanks for the tutorial on screen shots, Steeler2340! I’ll give it a go.

8 days with this problem, any information from XXXXX

You are revealing THEIR strategy. THEY are coming!

:alien:

I believe I’ve fixed West Virginia. The tiles are quite large so I’ve only deleted a single file from my mod for now.

Heading into Tennessee and it’s amazing how visible Superman’s fortress of solitude is even from there.

2 Likes

after the last patch the ugly melted and pointy cities/buildings are back everywhere except about 1/2 mile around the plane. Also, the snow scenery only extends out a couple of miles, about to where the trees stop coming in, and then it’s summer green all the way to the horizon. Also, the winter affect is horrible. It paints everything, building, roads, trees etc., the same color grey.

The flattening and coastline algorithms are on a holiday break…perhaps the AI will be a bit more refreshed in the new year :wink:

1 Like

Dear Asobo,

You are asking for coordinates to the problem, What about the whole freakin world! I actually thought there was a problem with myinstallation, so i uninstalled and re-installed. The issue persists.
With every new update you realease, you BREAK something else! Give teh MSFS development to a more capable developer!

3 Likes