Spikes on Terrain and and Mesh Problems - Global

All users experiencing spikes, I recommend this mod. It rolls back the cgls from the latest update. It gets rid of most spikes worldwide. It’s a temporary solution as it rolls back the elevation updates for USA, but it works for now.

1 Like

Thank you. This MSFS would be nothing if not for the wonderful flightsim community and the bright talented mod’ers whos dedication and hard work make my flight sim experience so much more enjoyable.

5 Likes

Same for me… been flying round the world to get to Japan in short hops in the TBM. About a hundred flights and I finally get to Osaka… damned terrain spikes and glitches everywhere. I haven’t moaned about this sim so far. It’s been great despite the few frustrations. But this is stupid. How could they let it out with this bug? It ruins the sim. Every flight I see at least one of these. Only since the last patch. They can’t have tested it at all.

5 Likes

I agree totally but would also add the clouds with the screen door patterned sharpening issue (or whatever is causing it) needs fixing too. It started with the update that introduced their new TAA. Those three fixed would restore the immersion. Oh, and removing the stupid horizon line as well :grin:

3 Likes

The day I installed the latest patch, first thing I did was start a flight at KBTF to see if Live Weather would show snow coverage in the mountains. There should be snow this time of year and there wasn’t. Disappointment number one.

I took off anyway and headed north and that’s when I saw my first terrain spikes just beyond Centerville and Farmington. As I headed toward them they would disappear and more, of all different sizes, appeared in the distance. This went on all the way to Hill AFB before I quit the sim. I haven’t even bothered checking my usual flying areas of Australia.

I’ve been quietly enjoying the sim since August. Even got my first set of rudder pedals a few weeks ago. This is the first time a glitch has been bad enough to stop me from flying. As I spend most of my time in the sim in GA aircraft below 3,000 ft AGL, this is a game breaking bug for me. Very disappointed that this update was rolled out in this state.

7 Likes

What fresh-hell we have here! It’s like MSFS got the virus. It was all fine, then bang, these tumours metastasize everywhere across the planet. Some huge 20,000 ft structures, some very small. They’re infested everywhere. And those sideways roads on hills gotta go!
Albeit some beautiful scenery sometimes, overall, so far, this sim sucks big-time. So much of my time. And they picked our pockets for approx $125us x2,000,000 sales.
WTF is ya doin with all dat money$$$$

It was all fine? Have we forgotten about the freakishly tall buildings everywhere? Or the VFR map crash and Asobo’s workaround to “reinstall Windows”?

I stopped playing after those 3 bugs and waited for the next patch. For this last one I just saw the first spikes, sighed, closed it and haven’t touched it ever since.

It is a fact that with every update things are worse. The water looks worse, trees don’t show up as far as before, night lighting was super realistic at first and now I actively avoid night flying. This is all slowly but surely taking the fun away from using the sim.

10 Likes

They called it groundbreaking at introduction, but it’s actually breaking ground more and more!

3 Likes

Yes, I have many erroneous mountains and outcroppings in Lancashire, UK.

After 9 days of silence we can consider MSFS plus mappmundi solution as “stable” version of this game till next (horror) “update”.

6 Likes

All I can think of here is the logic used by this mega corporation…This negligence, and then issuing patches like bandaids or fingers in a leaking dike! My guess is that MS/Asobo are not interested in you and your old/fashioned pc desktop simming. They want my 14 year old son and his friends on their Xbox using their controllers. If you play that way, it’s much more stable.
That’s where they’re going. Forward not back!
:cry:

2 Likes

Gulf of “Saint Tropez” towards LFTZ.
Happy New Year.

There should be a hotfix after the holidays I’m quite sure. Until then we have the mod as a fix so it’s all good.

2 Likes

Took me an hour just to read through the first 200 posts, until I fell asleep lol!
Could you please point me to, or explain this “mod”, thanks!

1 Like

Is it bad that I laughed at that? :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, in fact, you “get-it” :ok_hand::joy:
I found the mod or fix (above). I’ll try it tonight.

1 Like

Near UGZU

Microsoft Flight Simulator
Experience flight in a Parallel Universe”
Earths twin is very much like Earth,
but with a few minor phenomena.
Enjoy🌏

Update 1: As I got closer, the spikes would disappear. One left light artifacts, white dots like street lights, floating in the sky. I could fly right through them, full realism, no crash detected. Hope that helps the debugging effort.

Very tall spikes or false peaks in the mountains near Estes Park, Colorado. As I got deeper into the valley, more kept appearing. The following screen shot is approaching Estes Park, faxing Long’s Peak flying west: