Spikes on Terrain and and Mesh Problems - Global

The update yesterday wasn’t for any patches to MSFS. Only navdata (AIRAC) cycle.

Please see the News & Announcements of what each update is.

To Note: The patch notes on the navdata update was in error - they failed to remove the notes from the 22 December update.

1 Like

No sé si será muy complicado arreglar el problema de los picos, pero antes de cualquier otra actualización como la de ayer, que no solucionó esto, con todos mis respetos, creo que deberían de arreglar este problema , es un error demasiado llamativo.
Aunque por otra parte prefiero que se tomen su tiempo antes de que intenten una solución improvisada y rápida que no termine definitivamente con este error .

According to the Code of Conduct English is the official language of the MSFS forums, must be used in all categories except for #multiplayer.

I hate to say it but I believe they have really messed up the sim this time. This spike issue may be much harder to fix than we thought.

Ok thanks for the info . Will just have to wait till a patch comes out.

Turn off photogrammetry and the spikes go away. Just use the bing data for the moment.

No offence meant, i believe you want to be helpfull with your post. But it is not true, photogrammetry has nothing to do with the terrainspikes reported everywhere in the world. I believe you are refering to spikes vissible when citys/skyscrapers are getting vissible in the distance, they can start a bit spiky but that are not terrainspikes.

1 Like

Wouldn’t have thought so myself as a TP developer brought out a “cure” within hours - so it’s just until Asobo get round to it. It’s at No.2 on the Bugs liust!

Wait until you arrive to Susanville during last half of the bush trip. There you will feel like flying towards Mordor…

Nope there terrain spikes, just like the pictures people have posted have shown. When I start getting them I turn off photogrammetry and no more spikes. Today Im flying with photogrammetry on and no spikes either so Im not sure whats up with that.

take-off ENAL. Still no patch … :frowning_face:

Go to one of the known locations where there have been reported spikes. Make sure you don’t have the spike suppression mod installed. You WILL see spikes until Asobo fixes it.

When you see spikes, turn photogrammetry on and off. The spikes will remain.

If you do not see spikes, immediately turn off your computer and leave it off until we contact you by phone.

2 Likes

I also have the same spikes. :frowning:

Wait you want my credit card number as well. LOL!

I also have these spikes in different parts of the world. The pictures below were taken near Biesko-Biała, Poland and Salzgurg, Austria.

I had a few of these spikes at Las Vegas the other day and on another flight when I was flying into LAX from further north a couple of weeks ago.

1 Like

I was a little bit snarky, there, wasn’t I?

It’s just a fundamental troubleshooting technique to eliminate variables, not to introduce them. The Scientific Method requires forming a hypothesis based on observed experimental results and known data. Your photogrammetry cause statement is an invalid hypothesis and cannot be supported by observed experimental data. Let’s dumb that down a little bit:

If the spikes are a known, global phenomenon, then they must also apply to you. There are a LOT of knowledgeable people on this forum, including a guy who knows what causes the spikes. Proof: He create a “mod” to correct the cause of the problem and many people are using that mod. His mod corrects the terrain files and has nothing to do with photogrammetry. It follows that photogrammetry has nothing to do with the terrain spikes.

So how to explain why you might not have them in areas where others are reporting them – with and without photogrammetry turned on? I can think of the following reasons:

1. Asobo has fixed it – but that would probably require a pretty large update and likely a big announcement because it’s such a highly reported, and globally experienced phenomenon. So at this instant in time, this explanation is unlikely.

2. You are using the aforementioned spike elimination mod – maybe forgetting you applied it.

3. You’re as nutty as a squirrel preparing for winter or living in an alternate dimension.

I hope it’s #3, because that would be kind of cool.

B

4 Likes

There’s also a 4th possibility: His FS missed out the last update for some reason. In FS world everything is possible.

Anyway… For me the mod works just fine.

Without mod I have the spikes, no matter if PG is turned on or off. As I mentioned before , the spikes are even appearing when flying completely offline in “FSX” mode.

1 Like

Nope got all the updates, no mods. When I have photo turned on and start seeing the spikes, If I turn it off they go away for me here.

Perhaps its some sort of network/server issue not putting data out fast enough to meet the demand? Would explain why some have it and some dont, since no ones connections are the same for the most part it should be considered as well.

Either way no photo no spike’s for me, lol so Im mostly happy ;p

Any update about this issue from Asobo is highly appreciated!
Thank you

4 Likes