Spikes on Terrain and and Mesh Problems - Global

Same in Japan, there are a lot of Spikes, Pyramides and in addition plateaus here near Kobe, yesterday all was ok, its the Update…

2020-12-23 14_53_25-Greenshot|690x388

And in Barcelona. To make this story short: they are everywhere

2 Likes

At least with the SDK it’s easy enough to drop a terraforming polygon on the most egregious elevation glitches to get rid of them in your favourite flying areas. Works for the disappearing spikes as well if you can get the devcam close enough to draw the polygon in the right place. But yeah it’s up to Asobo to fix it properly.

3 Likes

Spikes in Norway, (Oslo) north of Gardermoon. Spikes in the Netherlands near Rotterdam.
But when you take off and fly to the spikes, they disappear.
When you fly past the location where they stood, they appear again.

1 Like

Thanks, mappamundi might mess with that and see what can be done in the meantime. I haven’t messed with terraforming yet, good excuse to learn though.

Version 1.12.13.0

I’m seeing similar spikey mountains north of EGCC

2 Likes

Do they disappear once you are near enough? Just noticed a terrain glitch north of RJFS:

(Also v. 1.12.13)

yes they do. I think they are lakes and water features where the height map has got screwed

Just had a look at the area. The spikes I saw appeared near rivers but not exactly above them.

Also, if you get far away enough, those things re-appear.

North Manchester has a new skyline

2 Likes

Just filed a Zendesk report.
Seems like I was still lucky with RJFS :wink:

I just finished a flight from kcle to keri, get off the ground, make the turn to head east and off in the distance I notice a large blob on the horizon, zoomed all the way in and it appeared to be a building that hasnt formed off in the distance (50mi or so). I then look to the North and see what appears to be numerous funnel clouds over Canada. Counted them, there were 20 of them. When zoomed in all the way they still looked like tornadoes.

A new feature?

1 Like

It’s the same around Liverpool; spiky hills on the Wirral coast.

2 Likes

New York area

4 Likes

Yes, there are terrain glitches everywhere. At first I thought it was related to snow (the ones I saw were snow capped). But, pretty clearly from all these references, they are just everywhere. I’ve got pics of what I saw, but, at this point, I don’t think we need any more. Mine were similar to all these.

I first noticed them north of Concord, NH, and saw them all the way up to Laconia and back, pretty much everywhere I looked I could see them. They would disappear as I got really close.

OP, you may want to change the title to “Terrain Glitches Everywhere”? Maybe not.

1 Like

Same thing outside CYKZ (Toronto). Also tried restarting and deleting cache with no luck

Same problem around Lac-St-Jean Quebec Canada

Okay I just did a reboot, relaunch, downloaded the liveries and restarted the flight that was showing all the issues, and they seem to be gone now. Will keep testing to see if they re-appear or not.

Start a new flight near the same places and see if this happens.