Spikes on Terrain and and Mesh Problems - Global

North of Torino:

When getting closer, the glitches disappear.

I restarted the sim, the spikes are still there (rolling cache always disabled)

I have the same problem around Switzerland. (I flow yesterday between the Airports LSPV, LSZX, LSMF, LSZH)

same problem here in germany EDDL wasnt before last patch, maybe we can get a hotfix? this is very immersion breaking.

1 Like

Cleveland to Eire Pt 3.

1st flight 20 tornado looking artifacts over Canadian Shore.
2nd flight (rebooted) Nothing to see here (every thing was as it should be no artifacts at all)
3rd flight (this morning after a cold start of the pc) OMG there’s tidal wave on lake Erie about 20 mi. long and 1500 ft tall.

So I guess the issue is still there. Lets try an experiment. EVERYONE through out the world quit playing for 2 hours and I’ll test to see if it still happens. My guess its more of a bandwidth server issue then it is with the actual client itself.

I base this off the fact that after most patches the 1st couple of days seem to be more buggy then they are later down the road.

East of 3W5 Concrete…

Yes, sadly I can confirm the same anomalies here, in and around Manchester [UK].
These are the first anomalies I have ever seen!

I got them as well. This must be fixed ASAP!

2 Likes

Yes can confirm this around EDDL and some other areas many spikes on terrain -.-

Same here. Looks to be a global issue, probably the sat map interpretation. As much as I have been liking the visuals, how does this get by quality control?

1 Like

Same problem in eastern Quebec, terrian spikes and rivers are messed up completely. LOD is even worse somehow. Unbelievable, do Asobo devs even do one test flight? Yikes.

1 Like

So i wish Asobo a nice Christmass!
i have try all online off,no change,still a Mess…

look´s like that´s we do now over Christmass :wink:

1 Like

Lots of spikes near Ottawa area, but none near Kingston. Restarting game, deleting community add-ones, changing date to summer time, using non-live weather didn’t help.

It’s actually much worse if we only got spikes issue in certain areas but not globally. That means it might take much longer for Asobo to resolve it.

The same here, i left from Oslo strange spikes at far end of runway

No incident happens everytime.

This is horrible and completely ruins game experience.

8 Likes

Was flying around the Mauna Kea observatory and saw these weird spikes when looking towards the Hilo airport. I thought I was going crazy but I should know better by know that CyberSim 2020 tends to fix 1 thing and break 5.

Lucky that it’s not in your first experience with VR. Otherwise you might lose all your sense of reality! :slight_smile:

I had a closer look at these glitches near Grenoble (LFLG):

One of these glitches from above, with drone camera:

A closer view (spike has disappeared):

The spike may have disappeared, but the cars on the nearby highway are still flying:

These spikes seem to be caused by small ponds or water bodies with incorrect altitude.

2 Likes

Getting them in the greater Toronto, Ontario area.

1 Like

Lot of spikes everywhere in the world !