Spitfire Community Group Flight with ForderLearnToFly, SeedyL, TheFlyingFabio, and TwoToneMurphy (Prize giveaways from Microsoft!)

[Blaring air raid siren sound]

Scramble! Scramble! Get your kites in the air, lads!

Want to be one of “The Few”? Then join us this Saturday, March 13, at 1800Z (1pm ET / 10am PT) as four MSFS streamers team up to create one EPIC community event: a group formation flight using the recently-released Spitfire addon from FlyingIron Simulations! All members of the community – regardless of flying skills and experience – are welcome to join as we re-create the famous “Big Wing” formation from the Battle of Britain in MSFS! :slight_smile:

Follow along with your favourite streamer on their personal Twitch channels:
ForderLearnToFly
SeedyL
TheFlyingFabio
TwoToneMurphy

Alternatively, if you have sufficient bandwidth, you can watch all four streamers simultaneously (be sure to mute all but one at at a time) using the following link: Multistre.am

We’re currently finalizing the details of the flight plan, but you can be sure we’ll be flying over some of the Spitfire’s most famous locations, including Duxford, Biggin Hill, and Dunkirk. Watch this thread for a link to the .pln as soon as it’s ready.

Finally, the wonderful MSFS Community Manager @Jummivana has graciously donated some prize giveaways for viewers of this event, so you don’t want to miss it!

14 Likes

Hallo!
This will be another Spit fly-in or you have moved the location to the North Africa? There is a community fly-in planned for today at 2000Z at Cairo HECA.

Hello @Zaremba884. There are two separate Spitfire community events this weekend. The first is Friday on the Official Microsoft Twitch channel (https://twitch.tv/MSFSOfficial). That will be the North Africa flightplan starting at Cairo. You can find all the details in this thread.

The second Spitfire event, the one this thread is about, is on Saturday. All the details are in the OP here. Hope you can take part in one or both!

Is there a flight plan listed yet?

in the multistream chat there’s a link to this pln: Dropbox - VFR Shoreham (EGKA) to Headcorn (EGKH).pln - Simplify your life

Also there’s a spitfire mod update to download.

ACHTUNG SPITFIRE!!!

2 Likes

What region is it?

North Europe server, spawn at Shoreham.

1 Like

Looks fun!

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

I was really looking forward to this but I am sorry to say: This was the worst event I have ever attended.

No flight plan or follow-up information in this post, where to start or which server settings to choose. Followed by 90 minutes waiting an watching the Twitch stream where the initiators flew in their own closed group. The whole time advertising giveaways on Twitch trying to get people jumping to all different streams…
As the event initiators finally landed on the starting point of the flight plan and joined the open group of waiting participants I could only see a handful of people at once, making a formation flight impossible.

What a waste of time…

Well I don’t know about you but now the event is over I’m going to go find some Lufthansa airliners to make simulated attack runs on.

Wossat you say? Politically correct? Nah, not me mate, must be thinking of someone else…

Good flight, SwoopGB?

A lot of folks showed up today for the 4 streamer simulcast fun fly with spitfires in britain
These are a few that were captured

![Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2021.03.13 - 15.46.53.98|

1 Like

And a few more

2 Likes

Oops, I didn’t pay attention to the fact that this was in zulu time and missed it. Next time!