I just purchased the Flying Iron Spitfire MK IX. A wonderful airplane - and what a roaring sound! First impression: excellent!
However I stumbled already over the following noob questions:
- Where is the manual? I did not find any PDF document in the corresponding Packages/Official/Steam/flyingiron-spitfire folder (*)
- Where is the battery switch? The in-game checklist (second item) suggests that there must be one, and the “icon symbol” is leading me towards the centre of the cockpit, just below the gunsight - but I can’t find any battery switch?
- Hence I was not able to communicate with ATC either (“no electrical power”) - does the Spitfire have a working radio at all? (***)
- However I was able to follow the further items on the starter checklist and turn on the engine (and what appears to be a volt meter then showed like 12 volts or so (**)
- And where are the parking brakes? I can release them by pressing the assigned button on my joystick, but I could not find any cockpit switch for the parking brakes?
Again, a great airplane to “fly around” and enjoy the scenery!
(*) I purchased the airplane in the FS 2020 in-game marketplace, via Steam (in case that matters)
(**) I just checked again: the volts meter shows 12 volts from the very beginning (“cold and dark”), without having pressed any button - so I assume the battery switch has not yet been implemented (but where would it be anyway)? I also tried to “peek” behind the gunsight and other levers, but did not find yet any “hidden button”…
(***) Even when “auto-completing” the startup procedure the ATC menu says: “RADIO OFF - The electrical system must be turned on in order to use the radio and speak to Air Traffic Control (ATC)”