Startup confiuguration? Setting reset?

Hi guys,

Today, after startup msfs as always, i have got a sort a first startup configuration:

After complete this thing, it ask me to choose the preferences and photogrammetry or offline mode:

After this configuration the sim work, but all my completed mission/landing challenges are shown as never done(watch screenshot)

Also the flight time; it basically keep the total hour, but not all the detail:

I’ve then just try to exit the game and relaunch it (for may fix the problem), but it currently stuck to this:

Any help will be appreciated,
Filippo

Exactly the same thing happened to me last night. Plus I had to re-download 3+Gb of data. Today I got stuck in the splash screen.

Nice to know that im not the only one… Me to, but for me was for the World Update and was 2.62 Gib…

Same problem here…sim stuck in the splash screen, then after a PC restart I had the “first startup configuration” and now I’m stuck again in the splash screen.

Hi @Elmeon9203 and welcome to the forum.

Exact i can confirm, when you restart the PC, you have the first config. But after complete that you can fly… Now im currently flying to see if does save the fly time in logbook.

When you restart msfs, you get stuck in loading screen.

Yesterday I have try to complete a flight from take off to landing, after that I restart the sim, and in this way i dont get stuck on loading. I then decided to reboot my computer (to see if i fix the problem) and… First configuartion again… Hope this can been fixed.

Sincerely,
Filippo

The same thing happens to me too: with CTRL + ALT + DEL I exit the sim, I restart it in TEMPORARY mode and it starts fine.
When I then close the sim back to DESKTOP, and restart the sim again, it gets stuck at the bridge with the wheel on the right that keeps spinning.
Paolo

Have you guys all submitted a report via Zendesk? It does take a bit of time to gather the info for the submission, but every little bit of data may help MS/Asobo find and fix the issue. Just a thought…

Hi, Not yet… I wonder if there was a possible fix for it before asking zendesk. So do you think i should have report now? Thanks!

There are still others with this issue based on the posts I’ve seen. I do think it is a good idea to file a report since it will add to the data MS/Asobo are collecting to find a solution. Your call…

Hey guys!
Um it’s kida off topic but if you’re questioning of “where is this location” - it’s Ponte 25 de Abril, in Portugal, Lisbon.

So many have this problem, including me, and no answers.

Today I had the same problem you mentioned.
Every time msfs starts it asks me for all the configuration again.
Any solution to this problem?

Hi, welcome to the forum @AHS7718! Unfortunately we have any news about the fix of this issue. I resolve the problema by re-downoad the Whole SIM. I know is a lot of time taking but it should work for you to. If you have questione DM me😉.

Sincerely,
Filippo

1 Like

Hello.
I have reinstalled the Sim twice and it hasn’t fixed the problem.
I have also tried to reinstall Gaming Service as suggested in some forums and I also tried the solution proposed by the user Tenpatrol.
UI broken and reset user settings - Gaming Services update - #552 by TenPatrol?

However, none of this has worked for me.
I’m already out of ideas :sweat_smile:

Same problem here… Yesterday everything worked as usual, today it always asks me to do the settings everytime I start the sim… really annoying… and it doesn’t save ANY of my settings… simbrief-logins for all the planes that use it? NO! buttons on my joystick and HOTAS? NO! it’s just a horrible experience at the moment and I hope it’ll get fixed soon! I really don’t feel like re-setting all the buttons everytime I want to take a quick flight!

Same here. Came after month to buy An225 … instead I’m uninstalling the sim. Srsly … the configurations took me HOURS to create. I’m not doing it again. And people here say it will reset again ?
Instead of resetting the configs they should have could backup in there since day one. Config reset shouldn’t be needed for any game. It MUST NOT happen for a sim.

For now im done with the FS…
In this state it is unflyable.
At first i have since like 4 or 5 Month Problems with the wind behaviour.
Then i have problems with the Internet and the Photogrammetry data.
And now the FS resets my Camera bindings and my general settings out of nothing…
I am a big Fan from this Flightsimulator but in this state it makes no fun at all and i have the feeling that the updates creates more new problems than fixes.

happened to me today. Some config screen and than all date lost.

I have had the same problem since yesterday. The menu shows me an open update that cannot be downloaded. After calling it up and restarting, the settings are reset.

Hello

I bought a new desktop computer. My internet speed is 25 mbit. Unfortunately, many times while downloading msfs it was interrupted and continued again. There is a very interesting problem. The game has completely downloaded. Langing challenge is working. I can download in Content Manager. No matter which airport and which plane I choose on the map, the first choice I open appears as soon as the game opens. I also made the option to merge files in the Steam account. Even the main download, which took 170 GB, was done again. unfortunately the problem was not fixed. No matter which airport in the world I choose or which aircraft type I choose, after clicking the READY TO FLY button, the first plane and airport choice I made continues to appear as soon as the game opens. I’m afraid to delete the game completely. It takes 2 days to upload with this internet speed. I did not start other installations for which I purchased content manager until this problem was resolved. Can you help on the subject?