Startup Screen Captions

There are often some very pretty sceneries during the startup sequence. It would be nice if MS/Asobo could caption these so that the user can go there for a visit.

Just what the subject line says! It would be cool to learn where these beautiful locations are in the loading screens so we can visit for ourselves! Can’t be hard to add, right? It’s like the Windows 10 logon screen that you can click on and learn about the pictures it shows.

That would be a good place to overlay display of the current “SERVER STATUS” showing temporary server connectivity and quality problems. Then, the user can know what to exoect if they choose to continue to the sim.

1 Like

That is a Brilliant idea !!!

I agree a small caption to show either the place names or locations would be very helpful.

During the various loading sequences often screen grabs are shown of interesting scenery places. I have often thought ‘Hey I would like to fly there’ but as I really dont know every nook and crany of this world, the whereabouts of these interesting scenery places are mostly a secret. Would it not be nice if MS or Asobo put the name of the location somewhere on these pictures?
Not overly important as a requirement, I know.
There are more important things.
Just a ‘would be nice to have’ one day, maybe, or maybe these small things should also get to the top of the list sometimes. :wink:

I’d like to pose a small suggestion to include location tags to the in-game loading screen landscapes. I often see these very beautiful sceneries that I’d love exploring more of; but I don’t always know where they are.

Thanks for considering.

1 Like

I agree, these loading screens are mazing but unfortunatelly, most of the time we don’t even know where it is !
Asobo please add the location on these loading screen, not a big thing to do :wink:

A small request from me would be to see the location marked on the screenshots shown on the loading screens.

The screenshots are generally showing some very beautiful areas to fly in and most of the time I have no idea where it is so a location name or landmark name would be really helpful to see during the loading screens.

Best,

MODERATOR EDIT:
In the magnificent photos displayed, a caption is missing in a small corner indicating the place that we could fly over next. Could this be added? It would be nice.

Dans les magnifiques photos affichĂ©es, Il manque une lĂ©gende en petit dans un coin indiquant le lieu que l’on pourrait survoler ensuite. Cela pourrait-il ĂȘtre ajoutĂ© ? Ce serait sympa.

I think that’s a ■■■■ good shout and I have thought this also. It’s sometimes pointless putting up a beautiful picture of a location that you can fly around and not have a clue where it is!

3 Likes

MODERATOR EDIT:
This post merged into this wishlist.

So sad, so many nice screenshots with regions on loading screens, but if only they would had thought to put somewhere in lower right corner or something, where that place is so we can visit, you know, a some kind of image credits etc
, i mean if they can add tips as we are having loading screen, why not share where this screenshot was taken, quite a few places seemed interesting to visit, but sadly, i will never where it was taken, i mean this is MSFS with world wide region we can visit, not DCS with limited area map that we can start to guess where it is.

I might one of the very few that find this sad, but had to share. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I commented and suggested that over a year ago – nothing happened 

1 Like

MODERATOR EDIT:
Small trick but you had surely thought about it, take a picture of the place and google will tell you with a little luck the place photographed. (example the very colorful Palace is in Sintra Portugal

Petite astuce mais vous y aviez sûrement ponsé, faites une photo de l endroit et google vous indiquera avec un peu de chance l endroit photographié. ( exemple le Palais trÚs coloré se trouve à Sintra Portugal

Yes, but it would have been far easier for ALL users, if Asobo had done this, and put the information on each of the Splash Screens, as part of the Graphic file content.

1 Like

MODERATOR EDIT:
Yes, absolutely. Maybe they will.

Oui tout Ă  fait. Ils le feront peut ĂȘtre.

I was thinking the same thing the other day. Sure would be nice if I could easily go fly to the locations pictured. But, since no captions, it’s rather difficult if you don’t have the knowledge or resources to find it when it could easily just be captioned on the bottom of the loading screen.

Hi,
4 days ago we created a page on a wiki about the Startup screens. At this time, on 50 pictures, 35 have been recognized.
A lot of people are searching.
https://wiki.simvol.org/index.php?title=Galerie_MSFS

1 Like

Can you guys add a location to the start up screen pics , some are awesomely beautiful and would like to know where to fly and see these places

You should check this topic out. Most have been discovered. By aliens.