Static thrust bug on multi engines (and Icon A5) found!

i highly doubt this is intentional

moving the throttle to the right side (feather) adds 30% throttle.

no idea why they did that. turbo props start perfectly fine at idle in the game

It might be because instead of putting in the extra programming to simulate them correctly, in order to make the sounds correspond to the real thing, that was needed? Anyways. It’s not correct. RPMs are not right, ITTs not right, Torques are not right.

Found this:
Using the propeller offset feature of the SDK. Ive moved the propellers 10 feet out (to demonstrate)
The trust behaves as if there was no engine offset, im getting proper static thrust.
The yawing moment seams to be correct.

The problem is the induced airflow is still calculated from the engines, and not the propeller. You can see the induced airflow and forces on the tail, but as i release the brake, the plane turns.

1 Like

Please submit a Zendesk ticket if you haven’t already as the development team are likely to see it quicker and get it fixed as well as officially log it.

Voted. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Great job figuring this out. Been wondering about it since release. Hopefully Asobo fixes this issue soon!

1 Like

+1 vote, need more.

This explains a ton about why the twins are messed up.

1 Like

Just wanted to thank you for your effort!

Never flying DA62 without your mod again, and I’ll certainly not fly any turboprops and other twins before Asobo (or modders) fix them.

Thanks for your findings! Will make sure they have this info.

9 Likes

Thank you very much

They mention this bug is being addressed in the ‘upcoming improvements’ section of the new Aerodynamics Part 2 video that just dropped. ~7:33 in the video.

Thanks Jayne!

6 Likes

Thanks guys and gals for voting and reporting <3

3 Likes

Are you sure the are referring to the same problem? In the video there is no mention to engine centerline displacement but only to low speed inefficency…

I’m not native english speaking so I may have misunderstended

As far as I understood the low speed efficiency is fine with centerline engine displacement but it has issues with multi-engine props. So it’s basically the same thing, if they repair this efficiency for multi engines you don’t need to fake them into centerline to have proper low-speed performance.

Wow, pretty awesome stuff in that video, especially the improved scaling of physics.

Hope it is not all marketing. But it has given me hope :smiley:

Most of what is in that video is already in the sim, with the exception of the short section on upcoming improvements at the end.

1 Like

Sup guys, this bug also affect the icon A5. Its to do with the longitudinal axis. if its negative then its broken.

Engine in the stock position. -5.3 feet

Here with the engine placed directly in the middle

It seems that negetive values break the thrust. The 2nd engine on the twins are placed to the right (negetive X value). The negetive Y value seams to break it too…

Negetive Z values are safe

Asobo, I will be expecting my cheque in the mail by the end of the week :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I realised that in the first screenshot the engine has not fully spooled up… oops.