Status on Navblue Charts+

Has there been any official update on this?

Navigation+
Charts+

NAVBLUE will provide real-world aeronautical data to Microsoft through its Navigation+ and, post launch, Charts+ services, to support the realistic experience that is the next generation “Microsoft Flight Simulator” software.

It’s been asked in most of the Q&As and we’ve never gotten any firm answer. It’s a huge unknown atm.

1 Like

I don’t recall hearing an answer for it in the last Q&A, but the answer in the notes for the Q&A say that it was un-prioritized.

Edit:
Here it is in the video.

1 Like

It’s been over a year. Maybe better to move on and see if an arrangement can be made with Navigraph since they are the defacto standard across flight sim platforms.

1 Like

If I had to guess, having day to day contact with salespeople , and contracts, it sounds like a classic case of overpromise, and under deliver. From Navblue I mean, not Asobo.

We got the NAV data, but I suspect the Charts+ deal has fallen flat on its face for some reason. A further guess would be the cost of Charts+ to everyone for free was just too expensive, but perhaps a discount for MSFS users would be possible.

2 Likes

If we as users have to pay, why Navblue? Unless significantly cheaper than Navigraph, what would be the value proposition?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.