Still Can't Purchase Anything on Marketplace

As you can see this bug still persists in the Microsoft Store version of the sim on Windows 10.

As you can see we have a support issue listed for this exact issue:
Notification: “Another transaction is still pending. Please wait a few moments, or contact support if the issue persists” – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Oddly enough I get two of the known issues listed here (Brief Popup and or No popup of the purchase window)
Notification: “Another transaction is still pending. Please wait a few moments, or contact support if the issue persists” – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

I have followed all the troubleshooting and support tips.

• Updated all the Microsoft software and dependencies.

• I have logged out and in of XBOX.

• I have updated the store and made sure store and XBOX app both do not have express checkout enabled.

• I have tried disabling Windows security.

• I have tried running in a window to catch the popup.

• I have tried admin mode and no admin mode.

• Dev mode and regular mode

• I have tried adding a payment option.

• Updated ALL payment options several times

• I have even submitted a ticket to Zendesk and they said nothing they can do…

Startup is clean and only a few system apps

Why can Microsoft not admit there is a problem here and just fix it? I have tried everything possible to work around this issue and yet it still will not work.

I want to buy both Antonovs and the ATR when it arrives and I am sitting here not able to purchase during a sale at all. SAD really. As to why Milviz was afraid of going against Microsoft Marketplace I will never know but alas this leaves me without a few planes and no way to aquire them. This problem has been ongoing for some time now too. Some have had success with the workarounds and others have not.

Is my money not good enough? Please fix your transaction window…

4 Likes

Hello @KWAiRT,

In rare circumstances, some players can have a Marketplace purchase stuck with the “Another purchase is still pending” message as shown in your screenshot. Please submit a support request via Zendesk (link below), and our support team should be able to get this resolved for you.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Edit:

• I have even submitted a ticket to Zendesk.

Can you please send me your ticket number via a Direct Message? I can follow up on this.

Really appreciate you trying to help but they closed the ticket and that was that. I have not opened another. They said there was no transactions stuck in the account though …

The problem is the purchase window doesn’t popup and or it does then goes away. There is no way to catch it. The guide for STEAM actually more clearly defines the problem but alas does not list any solution for the Marketplace other than the listed fixes and or solutions I tried above. Like I said I even went a few steps further and updated store and a few other known issue options that may have been getting in the way.

No matter what I can’t get the purchase window to stay up and or even show at times. Nothing I do seems to get the account unstuck and I imagine there is plenty of other users with this exact same issue. Again thank you for trying to fix. I really want to support these devs.

If it helps the last time I was able to buy something it took the money but did not let me download. Jayne had to go in and fix the account. So I have no idea what to do now…

Now after updating the XBOX app it refuses to point to my D: drive where MFS is installed no less. So another bug from following the suggested fixes to work around now.

Hi again @KWAiRT,

I followed up with our support team, and they were able to find your ticket by searching for your gamertag in Zendesk. They confirmed that the usual cause of this issue (a pending purchase being “stuck” which they can then clear from your queue) is not affecting you. They advised me to refer you to the following guide:

It sounds like you’ve tried many of these steps already, but it wouldn’t hurt to go through every step again one at a time to confirm. The other thing the support team mentioned is that this issue can sometimes be caused by your antivirus/antimalware software incorrectly flagging your MSFS purchase as a security threat.

I hope you’re able to get this resolved. Please let me know if you’ve tried all the steps at the link above and if any of them worked for you.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

1 Like

Yeah like I said I even tried disabling all windows security and no Virus scanner\Defender\Malware Protector and it still does exactly the same thing. I entered a second payment option to make sure it wasn’t that and nothing.

Account has been updated verified and saved in various ways from windows account management to XBOX app and companion itself. Everything is up to date. Store settings and XBOX app synced with no express checkout option selected.

What should be happening is the checkout window should open and ask me to confirm the purchase price and password but I never see it. Occasionally it flashes up instantly and vanished but it’s all hard coded. I use the same method to log into Windows itself and that works just fine. So it has to be something with Windows and the marketplace itself IMO.

Also one thing to note is my purchase button is never greyed out. Which seems to happen if you run the sim in admin mode. I always have a buy and download AND a buy button but both do not let me purchase and instantly fail. I mean the second I hit buy or buy and download the error pops up.

So what am I supposed to do now? I have spent days on this and hours and hours and nothing. Am I just supposed to walk away and let the sales go too? Who is accountable for this problem once Zendesk passes the buck? Give me a number to call or add the planes to my account and fix the transaction servers.

The workarounds listed on the support portal have actually added more bugs to my system in the form of the XBOX App which will no longer allow me to select my D: drive. It was selected and working fine prior to updating all these dependencies that did nothing but add more bugs.

I will be live streaming these errors ALL DAY today… Feel free to stop by and see for yourself.

Again I appreciate the help Seedy I really do but you have to imagine how frustrating this issue is. It is not as rare as you think either.

Here we have a billion dollar company creating monopolies and providing a service that won’t even take my money or any payment method. First and foremost fundamental rule of doing business is:

Be able to take the customers money…

Perfect example of how a big company is not getting the job done and you are wasting people’s time and money by doing this. You are also causing harm to other developers like Milviz who abandoned the ATR project because of the Asobo Hans ATR which I won’t even be able to purchase.

This doesn’t just effect MS/Asobo it effects the third parties too and they deserve better IMHO.

Just so happens this coincides with War and Russian hackers so it would be really nice if MS and Asobo actually got to the bottom of these issues and find out why we are being blocked from buying things on here.

I waited over a year for the just released Antonov because it was pushed back due to the war. Now I can’t even buy it. Again here we have an opportunity to support Antonov and Ukraine and again I am not able to purchase anything and support Ukraine.

I am Canadian too and my account is in good order. As you can see for yourself.

1 Like

I didn’t own the AN-2, and since its on sale I decided to get it, and to test whether there was a more generic problem, and my purchase went ahead okay.

There has to be something with your account…?

Screenshot 2023-03-24 134558

1 Like

Seriously even the workarounds in the support portal are adding more bugs to my system. Case in point XBOX APP not letting me select the D: drive. If I wake up to an unmounted MFS that magically removes itself from my D: drive I will NOT be happy.

Yeah must be on my end with so many people reporting problems with the Marketplace it’s been redesigned several times now. I have had issues with Marketplace from DAY 1 with almost all my purchases in one way or another. Install issues, update issues and purchase issues.

Again the last time I bought something from this billion dollar company I had to get a mod to fix my account to actually let me download what I paid for. Now the system is rejecting me for no apparent reason. Not suspicious at all is it? Fact is the last time I bought anything you guys went into the account. So at this point you’re pointing blame to yourself as far as I am concerned.

Maybe they did do something else to your account the last time. Personally I’ve never had an MP purchase fail….yet.

I always make screenshots of every purchase though, just in case I have to log a dispute, along with an email indicating my purchase.

I had this recently and after trying all the suggestions I could find I re started sim not in admin mode, and it worked OK.
Just bought the Antonov and the same appeared so re start in normal mode and again all worked as it should.

Again this is another bug that should be fixed and festers for how long? Is this a business or what? Can’t even open a transaction window in admin mode? WHAT?

Amazes me how anyone can do business now and take money on a plethora of platforms even wireless devices and I can’t even OPEN the transaction window here and people assume that is normal?

I still can’t figure why anyone would need to play MSFS in admin mode when it’s not stipulated in the installation notes.

1 Like

to be sure:

do you speak about MS-Store Installtion (like the topic is tagged) or did you speak about Steam Installation ? Its a huge difference …

In case of Steam Installation: Please ensure you have the Steam Overlay Enabled ( much often mentioned in Forum and FAQ ).

1 Like

I am indeed on the Windows Marketplace version premium deluxe and have purchased things on here before. I just meant that the troubleshooting information for STEAM was actually referring to the same issue with Transaction Window being hidden. Occasionally I will see the transaction window for a split second then the Marketplace hides it.

In this case though the only app running on the entire PC is MFS itself. No Virus scanner or anything. I even tried to stop Windows itself from blocking it by disabling all security. I tried admin and non admin it doesn’t make a difference. Like I said I have had other problems with the Marketplace before just not this particular issue. This issue has been ongoing since 225 release where many others reported the same problem.

This is not the issue with admin rights greying out the purchase buttons either. Makes no difference to this bug. Nothing so far has made any difference at all. The fact it rejects the purchase so fast also tells me it’s on the backend.

not sure which transaction-window in steam is meant :slight_smile:

I buy somewhat in market-place, will then be forwarded to steam ( therefore steam-user MUST have enabled Steam-Overlay ) where I “pay”, and then it goes back to MSFS. Here is sometime a message printed about a “problem”, “pending” , whats ever… The trick is to ignore that and wait “a little bit”, it will work - it is a completly missleading message in my opinion. Therefore I also meant that Steam and MS-Store installs are different in that point ( in both we buy in market-place , but ‘pay’ on different ways ).

But I understand now, that you really meant the MS-Store version and the billing process for that. I wanted only be sure about.

We had some cases where the “login dialog” was in background. But you wrote the dialog is instand closed, so I assume its possible somewhat else with your accout ( but its a guess and I own Steam version ) . On other side you reported other problems around the msfs-installation ( e.g. that D: drive thing ) which can also point to a wrong setting on your system ( and if we see how many users can buy in market-place without issues, that may be probaly ). But as mentioned, no direct idea about a specific setting for ms-store installs.

And a note: please not start the game as admin. It can cause again other trouble, like the read-only-files, etc. We had for some users recommended test-cases, but no game in the world should started directly with admin-rights.

Gamebar has now propagated itself on my system too and will turn itself on when loading the sim. It is disabled in windows and should not be activating. Only happens running MFS now since following the guide on support and updating all my software lol.

Look at all the bugs I was avoiding and now look at the bugs I have just trying to get this working. Disgusting…

Now I have to manually turn it off every time I load MFS.

Just another QOL downgrade for me. Fighting so many bugs for so long and here we go pile em all on me MS. I don’t even know why I am reporting the issues tbh I should have just moved on and forget about these planes including the ATR from Hans.

Get your system up2date is allways number first on todo list, it should not need support for that. In special if you want “buy” somewhat, the new updates are may be relevant for the flow.

Gamebar: I have the GameBar disabled in OS settings page and it stay disabled. Its also that these (horrible) MS tools just come from MS, a company which have its own ‘reasons’ to integrate all that gaming stuff into the OS itself. At least you can disable it , or depend on what you want to install also uninstall partly, but with risc that somewhat not will work ( e.g. with Steam I not have the horror GameServices installed, but its needed for MS-Store version ). If you play a XBOX-Game, which you also bought in the MS-Store, then I would not wonder if you need some apps as precondition ( e.g. the xbox app itself ).

I still have a little feeling about a specifiy setting, deinstalled tool, etc… cause the login issue. May be, some users have these setting in xbox app enabled " pay without ask for password " ( looks like the default ? ) and if you have disabled it, may be you get a different situation.
But as mentioned: I havent enough experiance with MS-Store payments. I not have a payment from that, and it will also never happen :wink:

In the xbox series x with a similar problem. My market place is totally grayed out saying that it is temporarily unavailable. However its been ‘unavailable’ for almost 6 days now. Ive also noticed that previously installed items are no longer functioning due to this.

Anyone able to help?

Have you purchased these from the MarketPlace?
You must purchase them first to “own” them and then install them.
Top Gun is free, I don’t remember if Reno Races is free though.

1 Like

I’ve purchased those that need ‘credits’ . Just all a bit disappointing just now as my last purchase was the AN225.