Still NO Adverse Yaw Effect on C152 and C172

Could they not have fixed it during Alpha or Beta? It seems to me that a system was implemented, that we can not disable, to stop this from happening. That would seem like an easy thing for them to “fix”. Just turn off what they put in place.

You realise what is going to happen, don’t you? The update will come out, they still won’t have fixed it, then I will come back here and say “Next update?”

Don’t get me wrong, ordinarily I would agree with you, but in this instance, I believe this is something that they put in place, not a bug. This should have been dealt with way before it was released.

Which reminds me, can anyone explain to me why one of the aircraft appears to have two turn co-ordinator instruments, and one of them is fitted upside down? :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

CAP10 - it’s used when you fly inverted :wink:

That’s what I thought at first, but when you are inverted, you are in the same orientation as the instrument, so why are the L R letters inverted as well? :slight_smile:

It looks like they flipped the instrument, but didn’t create a new graphic for the front to invert the letters. I can’t find a single image of the cockpit that is face on, with a readable dial to see what the real thing looks like.

When you are inverted, your head inverts as well. :slight_smile:

I also love it when some criticise the planes in MSFS (MFS?), stating that the cockpits are blurry and difficult to read. Sorry? :slight_smile:

No the indicator in the real aircraft is just a normal one fitted up the other way so the L and R are correct, but yes the wrong way around in the real aircraft.

3 Likes

This yaw damper is I think for autopilot only! I am not sure for which aircraft it applies. Second, yaw damper is just an oscillation damper for directional stability. So I don’t think this is related to your issue. But Thanks for this awesome keyboard shortcuts. Very handy document!

This is interesting… but I would say don’t mess these settings… which can be inter related to the other settings as well…

Yh these settings are really for tweaking… I would not recommend you to change these settings. which can completely mess the aircraft behaviour.

I think there is an update today right?

There was supposed to be an announcement of an update today, but I’ve not seen anything one way or another.

1 Like

The update will be in the next 7 days!

Which won’t address this issue, at all. It is sensibly aimed at fixing download, and update issues, for those who cannot even fly yet.

It won’t fix adverse yaw.

I think we are talking about two different things. I can’t demonstrate right now, as I am at work, but what I intend to show is that when making a tight turn, say in an aircraft that has no autopilot like the the Savage Cub, you should see that even with no rudder input at all by me, the ball will stay centred in the turn coordinator.

With a left hand bank, you should see the ball drift up to the right to indicate a skid, and that right rudder should be used to return to coordinated flight. If that doesn’t happen, and the ball stays centred, then some automated process is performing the rudder input for you, but not an autopilot if referring to an instrument that the Savage Cub does not have.

1 Like

Right rudder to coordinate a left turn? Furthermore, depending on design, e.g. differential ailerons, roll spoilers, there’s not necessarily any adverse yaw present.
The amount of aileron application is a factor as well.

1 Like
1 Like

The part of the video you have linked doesn’t have anything to do with adverse yaw. Different situation, not applicable in this discussion.

1 Like

So how would you describe it then?

Describe what?

Perhaps this suits you better? It describes the rise of the nose during a turn, and having to use rudder to control this.

Did you even watch the video? It’s exactly the opposite from what you said.
Rolling into a left turn requires left rudder to counteract adverse yaw!

2 Likes

Yes, I was describing something else,clearly, turn coordination, if your turn leads into a skid. “Stepping on the ball” is the phrase I believe?

So here, where the nose has risen above the horizon, the ball would be to the left, and you apply left rudder to bring the nose down, and maintain a coordinated turn.

That’s why I wrote it doesn’t apply to the adverse yaw issue.

2 Likes