Still no Live AI traffic

yeah it is a server/data problem. I guess some of the problems are related to the actual data provided by FA and how they are used then within the Sim. UAE is only using 777-300ER (B77W), but Flightware is having them added as Boeing 777-300 (B773), so modelmatching is not working here as well :frowning:

It can only match to models that are in the sim, either as flyable planes or generic AI traffic models. And the number of planes in the sim currently is very limited. If it doesn’t have the model, there’s nothing to match, so it picks something and goes with it.

I know, but since I have the correct models with the correct codes it should work, but for that the correct codes should be used.

same for the E190 and E195, Flightware only has E190. Next major modelmatching issue is how to handle different engine variants… some airlines have up to 3 different engines (RR,PW,GE) for one AC Type.

You are missing the point. In the sim, there are two options, Live and AI. They are not related and there is no issue populating your airspace with AI traffic. There IS a problem with LIVE traffic showing up for some users. NEW users are getting confused because of terminology.

There may be an AI algorithm at work to handle flights on the ground but it is NOT the same as the AI system. I am just asking that we use the terminology in a way that makes it obvious which option we are discussing.

1 Like

Got loads of live traffic here. Just seen a clear multiplayer flight above NY also.
While it clearly was all live traffic, the liveries in the air were all custom generated AI. On the ground i also see some real world liveries, but almost never see those in the sky

Well, I’m currently flying in my local area where traffic is usually nearly non-existent, even though there’s real traffic in the air. I’m currently seeing 5 planes on my GNS530 scope within 35 miles. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before in this area. :confused:

I’m going to start referring to everything as “Live AI Multiplayer Traffic”…

1 Like

Hilarious. The originator was talking about flying in europe, everyone that popped on and said “I see all the things in [insert arbitrary US city here]!”

Bunch of freaking yahoo’s. Yeah we know the US is full, we were talking about the complete absence of traffic everywhere else. Whether it’s flightaware or whatever, even if you fly above say Egypt, using the sim non live traffic and jacking every slider up to max you’ll be lucky to see anything. We kind of figured if we used the ai generated settings we would see more.

I’m assuming that since msfs generated traffic is based off known routes, I’m thinking in europe/asia/Africa there’s less traffic overall and not a lot of routes have been mapped or collected. I think we are just going to have to wait for a traffic add on that can inject a lot more.

1 Like

Well 2 years ago in real real world, use to see 15 contrails, now go in my Garden dont see any…

1 Like

OK
It is apparent from your post that there is still a lot of confusion over LIVE traffic. LIVE traffic is not

Flight Aware is a real time tracking software that displays the actual aircraft that are traversing the real skies. The data used to show the real air traffic on their app is used by the simulator to display those same aircraft in our simulated skies. Unfortunately not all of the data is available or official as a good portion of the traffic being tracked is by enthusiast members. (look them up, it is outside the scope of this thread)

The upshot is that a sizable portion of the traffic is rejected by the sim if the required data is not available or unreliable. This is not going to suddenly be “fixed” by Asobo. What they can fix is the fact that some users see lots of traffic and others see none. We “freaking yahoos” can fly in exactly the same area as those unfortunates and still see traffic that they can’t.

If you are flying in Egypt and are “cranking up every slider” then you are adjusting AI traffic which has NOTHING to do with LIVE traffic and is purely fictional filler. If you are not seeing any AI traffic in that case, just fly around a bit. It takes the sim a while to generate the traffic you are looking for. It doesn’t just suddenly pop into existence.

A traffic add-on is not going to have any affect on the REAL LIVE traffic. The planes that are flying in the real sky are not going to change because you have a mod.

3 Likes

Didn’t say anything about live traffic. I eluded to them possibly using flight aware to generate routes, but live traffic was never talked about. So no there was no confusion.

Only read the first part of your reply, went back and read the whole thing.

Spent a lot of time explaining live traffic and all which I think you’re really trying to genuinely help, but it’s way off topic. Spent about 50 plus real time hours(not really counting but its prob much more than that) over the middle east and Africa, I don’t skip, I fly routes between 500 and 2000+ miles. I’ve tried with live traffic and with maxed generated traffic.

In either one, the skies over there are empty. Before you come on here and waste a bunch of time explaining away the dumb dumb, do some testing. You’ll see much like the topic starter and myself what we are talking about. The poster specifically stated Egypt, and yeah I’ve flown across Egypt like 20 or 30 times, it’s almost always empty. It’s not our settings, I can fly into ksan or kbos or kden and see 30 or so planes all over. The point is not what is there or not, the point is that if we max out generated traffic in those areas we still get nothing, which is… odd.

Go fly around Egypt for a bit and come back and share your thoughts. I’ll wait.

Definitely a new bug since SU4 - anytime I fly below or above an AI, it disappears and then comes back SOMETIMES after I’ve flown past it. So weird.

I see quite a plenty of AI traffic now…in comparison to the traffic prior the SU4

Anyone know the status of AI traffic showing up in the G1000 and G3000 WT mods?

I know they were not showing it previously but I now see Vatsim and PilotEdge traffic without a plug-in, but I am still not seeing AI traffic. I do see (very little) Live Traffic.

I think WT avionics only shows Live Traffic.

I might sound pessimistic or maybe im not patient enough but AI traffic (NOT LIVE TRAFFIC) is a no go. Especially airliners. I think Asobo or Microsoft whichever one deals with it should just accept that they seem to not know how to do/fix it. Get a knowledgeable 3rd party to do it so this nightmare can end lol.
@madbraindoc did you change the useTrafficService = false to true in the WTg3000.cfg file?

Offline AI has never been the focus on any simulator it has always been 3rd party, this resulted often I far less developed ATC-Systems/AI-Logic as well.
But the good think in MSFS is that the online (live) AI Traffic is using the same systems within the Sim, so the fixes will be for both types of AI. And then it is just to 3rd devs to add offline AI (models, liveries and flightplans) to the Sim. AIG is working on the migration of its tools at the moment.

Well I hope it gets better. Its mostly airliners at airports and takeoff/landing that’s lacking for me. GA is okay-ish.

That’s reminds me to those topics like “The A320/787 is not working properly” and another one post about how well the 152 is working for him and why everything else should be ok

1 Like