Still No Registration Number On The TBM After Sim Update 9

Yes and No. In order to get around the tail number problem my liveries use Asobo’s livery01 3d model which still has a tail number.

My liveries operate just like Asobo’s Livery01 if you wanted to see how it is currently working without installing my liveries. From the inside it looks much the same as it does on the default livery, and the opening doors work just fine. But you do see a few leftover bits in the door opening from the external part of the door that hasn’t moved. But from the outside you see both the inside of the open door and the closed door together.

Looks like Asobo just forgot to update the external model of their additional liveries, so that the external part of the door moves. I have tested all of Asobo’s additional liveries now and they all have the same problem, both the opened and closed doors are visible from the outside. So at present you can’t have a user defined tail number AND opening doors that look right.

Any liveries that have the tail number built into the textures will not have a problem, but of course you won’t be able to assign your own tail number. Its unfortunate that the updates to the default TBM also broke the TBM improvement mod, since that already had the best of both worlds. A changeable tail number and fully functional opening doors.

Another update, 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

This is what it looks like now from the outside and inside of the livery01 3d model my liveries use.