Still Stutters and poor FPS after the 1.14.6.0 Update!

What’s an affinity mask? Well, prior to the UK update, I don’t think I get as much stutters as the current one, but my overall FPS is actually lower than current. The current stutters are still there, but it’s much more managable.

Before the hotfix, the stutters was so bad, it really throws off my flare timing. Like this one:

But this is the performance before the UK update:

And yes… I have a recording of every single one of my flights. Precisely for this purpose. Review and analysis.

It happens exactly over the volcano, If not mistaken it happens around -8.334100951904789, 115.12058862410167 or around that area

New observation regarding the stutters, initially when you load a plane based on Cohrent (glass screen), I have noticed these Cohrent stutters:

If I try to reload the plane through the Aircraft selector menu in the Dev mode, Cohrent stutters disappear and overall stutters get way less:

Send a zendesk

1 Like

This is my last 20 minutes into Bali approach.

I don’t mind the micro-stutters as long as it’s not on final before landing.

1 Like

So I did another few testflights with the CJ4. Departing KBOS, all fine around 50fps all on ultra and very smooth. Counter showed GPU limited and the GPU was way up in the 90ies. I went out on the ocean at 20’000, came back and made an approach to KBED. At about 7’000 the stuttering kicked in. CoherentGTdraw all yellow, now limited by mainthread and it plunged to about 10 - 15 fps and did not recover.

I then did another short pattern flight from EDDF (which was stutter fest before the 14.6.0 patch) and it was all smooth. Same experience in the LSZH area.

Is it just me or does it seem to be less pronounced in central Europe than in the US?

Anyway, I really don’t wanna chase FPS, but the US is kinda not flyable for me at the time. I guess I’ll fly a bit more in my home region Europe and see how it goes. But it’s definitely not fixed for me.

I was getting the 100% cpu ‘bug’ killing defender brought the cpu back down to 40-50%, now the only time I hit 100% on the CPU is when its loading into an airport, once in we’re back to normal.

Keep in mind, if your running newer incarnations of win10 its a real PItA to disable defender, MS doesnt want you to do it. In win10 pro you can use the policy manager to do it, but if your on Win10 HOME you have to regedit to disable it effectivley.

If your running HOME and you kill Defender, more then likely you wont be able to revive it without doing a reinstall of win10 (theres a slight chance you can undo, but from what I read those are far and few between).

Do you have any software running for say like your keyboard / mouse / headphones … Try killing those in the system tray and then launch and see if it gets better before even thinking about killing Defender.

Disclaimer: While this worked for me, I do not suggest disabling Windows Defender. You do so at your own risk. Such activity could result in loss of life.,… hehehehe

2 Likes

For those with “stutters” try this.
Remove folder fs-base-nav from folder …\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore
Restart the sim and let it re-download. Got this information from another forum and it helped a user with similar problems.

I have reinstalled yestzerday until today the whole Simulator and it dosen’t helped. I get and got always these stutters and low fps near big Airports or huge citys or areas with a dense publication.

Uhh, the same specs as the poster of this topic, something he wrote clearly under his post…

Ryzen 5 3600
MSI 2070 Super
16 GB 3200Mhz DDR4 Ram

And, nope, he doesn’t use VR

I also think so

Mine isn’t perfect and performance is definitely still down but it is a big improvement! Heading in the right direction!

2 Likes

After unnecessarily looking for errors in my PC (Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 3060, 32 GB RAM), I found this…
Stuttering in some places is caused by poor processing of distant terrain objects.
My video shows what’s going on (I recorded it in Develop mode with LOD debug turned on, High mode with TLOD 200).

https://youtu.be/9Wj_MReDYUM

Stuttering of aircraft movement is associated with the display of distant objects on the horizon.
On the develop FPS display stutters corresponds to errors of manipulators.

You can only slightly reduce the problem by setting a lower TLOD value (10-80).

I have to ask ASOBO what should I do with it ???

3 Likes

Good find! You should probably file a zendesk ticket and link the video. I can only assume that they know this already but it can’t hurt to file it

premium deluxe version on steam. I only got a 120ish mb in game update on friday. When I alt tab the correct version is showing on the top bar but the Sim runs like utter ■■■■ still. About mid way through the pre startup process sitting at the gate at KIAH in the CRJ the frames randomly drop down into the low teens still. Is there another step I’m missing? This is so infuriating

i7 10700K
32GB of RAM
RTX 3070 OC
Mix of high and ultra 1440p with Air traffic and photogrammetry turned off.

Good find, can you please report it to zendesk

I had since the last patch poor performance and massiv stuttering at night. Before it runs with 36-47 FPS

4K high details
2080ti
I9 9900K
64 GB RAM 3600
400 Mbit/s

1 Like

I didn’t have stutters and tried out removing fs-base-nav, thankfully I saved it somewhere else. It updated and I had the repeat of the SU3 bug. High manipulators and crushed FPS. I replaced the file and all is well, except… My live weather is busted again. Only works first time around. Has to be a server thing. But it’s been a bit since I’ve taken a second flight (If i can play without CTD) Ah well, back to REX weather

In general a big improvement, but I have to restart the game before every new flight as the game does not seem to clear the RAM memory in between flights.

best post on the entire page :))

1 Like

I’m having this same issue. It’s been a problem since day one. The latest update (1.14.6.0) fixed the general poor performance (4fps) but the micro-studders are still an issue. You can really see the issue when on final approach and zoom in to the terrain, without panning the camera around. I hope it gets resolved soon. I can’t wait to see what it’s like to fly with perfectly smooth graphics.