Still Stutters and poor FPS after the 1.14.6.0 Update!

For me it’s usually being CPU bound due to scenery complexity. Both Heathrow, and London itself take their toll.

1 Like

I’ve had it again, dropped from 55 to 22 about 30nm north of RJCH

Did a shortish flight from Sherbourne, Yorks, to Luton in the C208, mostly Averaging 40FPS but on contacting Luton ATC for landing (not sure if it was immediately or afterwards though) frames dropped down to 15 and remained there right to being parked and ended the flight, very little AI traffic, no idea why it does that, it is a bit better, but yes, something is definitely not right, when the sim first released I was getting 35 FPS at Heathrow and 55 -60 in rural areas. Also the weather was set to clear, so clouds were not an issue, though they certainly have been in the past, bring the fps to a crawl.

It’s definately better then it was before, but it’s still very much alive, I’m not using the in-game ATC at all so it’s not it

Also something strange happened yesterday and it might be compleatly unrelated: I was exploring some places and was using the teleport feature on dev mode, I teleported to the executive airporte just north of the Pyramids on the X-Cub, and the FPS was good at 60, the moment the wheels left the ground they plumitted to 15, touched down again, 60fps instantly, airborne, 15, it was really weird

Do you run iCue or Steelseries programs (in system tray) or any other driver type program of the sort. Before you launch the sim, try killing them and then check your cpu usage, when I killed them (on 2 different machine) that settled the cpu down quite a bit. Before I did this I was using 98% cpu constantly, after it dropped to about 65%, when I did what I did below it dropped to 45% and only peaks the cpu when loading into a flight.

Of course on one machine I also killed off MS DEFENDER and that made a huge difference as well, but I dont RECOMEND this course of action, but it did help on one machine. LOL!

I still have massive memory consumption issues if I speed up time.

It is easy to reproduce:

• put a medium fly (700 ou 800 nm)
  • accelerate time do 3x or 4x (press “r” + “control +” 3 or 4 times)
  • open Task Manager | Performance
  • watch memory deplete until you have a beautiful CTD (and I have 64 GB of ram).

Hello everyone,

The latest update addressed some performance’s issues and MSFS will receive some more optimization over time.

I’m merging this thread to this one: Still Stutters after the 1.14.6.0 Update!

Yep, what is more confusing, if you try to reload the plane using the dev mode after landing, you will recover all FPS.
I really don’t get it, some like us still suffering from these stutters meanwhile there are others claim that the sim is smooth, although some have the same exact PC specs as I with similar settings.
Definitely things were better pre-SU3 and best before the UK update.

Are you using Oculus, Steam VR or WMR? Are you limiting refresh rate via any external tools?

A friend of mine has the exact same hardware and doesn’t have any stutters anymore,so, it must be something else on your PC that’s interfering with the sim.

how about the settings? Any differences?

I followed the setting specified here.

1 Like

What are your friend’s specs, and are they using VR?

Dropping Render scaling isn’t improving performance for me since the UK World update, can I ask what render scaling you are using and what performance you are seeing?

What difference did disabling Wndows Defender make exactly? What performance increase did you see?

What performance gain did you see applying an affinity mask, and what difference have you seen before and after the UK World update?

See for yourself. My render scaling is at 100, and I run at 3840x2160 resolution. My specs are in the video description.

For those who suffer form the general stutters, at least in my machine, I realized the issue is because of the VFR map being visible in the toolbar, whereby it some how eats the Cohrent thread and thus causes these annoying stutters. See the FPS counter:
With VFR Maps in the toolbar

Without VFR Map in the toolbar:

Hope this helps, will raise a Zendesk shortly.

P/S: this doesn’t solve stutters in location based, for example over west Bali. This only solves the stutters that some are facing in general

Thanks for that. I can see minor stuttering on take off and climbout, if you watch the bushes on the left hand side.

How was it running prior to the UK update? I was getting stutter free on a 1660ti system in 2d and VR, and stutter free high frames in VR on a 3070 system in Dec/Jan.

What is it like without the affinity mask being applied?

I’ve done a flight over west Bali but couldn’t replicate the stutters. Do you want to give more info, e.g. ac, settings, flight plan, etc.?