Strange ATC window behaviour observed

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Opening the ATC window often causes flickering, having inputs ignored, or sometimes a key bounce like effect where the ATC window will open then immediately close again. There is also graphical corruption, where you can see a red square, with “RADIO OFF” briefly. I used to use a sequence, CTRL+SHIFT+F12, so I suspected that it was a new issue with one of those qualifiers. However the issue is observed even if I assign “u”, as the secondary input for the ATC menu.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

I managed to snag this image with careful timing, which shows this “test” message, which appears for a split second before the text does.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Assign any key secondary key sequence to the ATC window, leaving the “SCROLL LOCK” alone as the default.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.26.5.0 Though I haven’t been regularly flying for a while so it may have been there earlier

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Not randomly in a sense. I’m experiencing it fairly regularly with the Wings42 Boeing 247D but have not observed it with other aircraft.

Flying VFR but usually setup a route and follow it with the map in the 247D. I use the AI copilot for most ATC communication. Things appear to be normal at the start of the flight. ATC seems to stop working when I’m nearing my destination and go to select the airport to setup my landing clearance. At that point the problem is observed and I can’t select the destination airport or do anything else with ATC.

It’s me, so yes. :wink:

I’ve found the source of the lag, at least, but not a fix, only a workaround. The lag, delays, and repeats were being caused by my Streamdeck XL. But only when MSFS, or any game is running, and only if the SDXL is connect to my 16 port hub. Which is odd because I bought the two together back in 2020, and they have been rocking fine until now. If I use a USB extender, and connect the SDXL directly to my computer, the input lag is gone, and it works as t did before.

So this just leaves the graphical corruption as indicated above, where for a split second a window with “test” can be seen, along with a red box, and the “RADIO OFF” label.

yes

after a while it starts flicker. in this case after 5min on video. Save and load of the flight resolve it but it comes back after while. See video.
My rig:RTX 2060Super (Drivers: 528.02), 32GB Ram, I7 3770k

i have a video but seems like i cannot post link to it.