Strange colors popping Bing data graphics Isle of Man

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
Strange colors popping up with the Bing data graphics on Isle of Man when you fly over it at a low height.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Go to airport EGNS and look and move around with your drone camera at 300ft

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
AMD Ryzen 7
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
Not yet

Happened yeaterday (19th October) but only at one place. The south west corner of The isle Of Man near Ronaldsway airport EGNS. Other flights in UK - as normal - no problems.
It was a ‘rolling discoluration’ of either extra green or that purple tint. The phenomenon moved with my aircraft - affecting those squares near it (all round) but faded away as I left the area for the centre of the island and came back on returning.
So it was a temporary colour change in the vicinity of the aircraft and a return to normal behind it.
Anyone else seen this?

10 Likes

Purple scenery has been known to be caused by custom scenery/airports. This includes official items bought from the marketplace.

Can confirm that you have eliminated the above?

I noticed this as well. I thought there was something wrong with my VR headset. It happened right around the southern tip of the Isle of Man in the exact place you saw it. I have no custom scenery installed. This is on a fresh install of the most recent MSFS version.

I will add my vote that this gets addressed.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming it is not the known issue.

There are no add-ons used in the area

1 Like

I should add that I am using a RTX 2080 if that matters.

1 Like

I dont think that matters, but given another confirmed, let’s just say it does :smiley:

Edit: I dont know how the other issue gets triggered. I just remembered the result.

1 Like

If have made a Zendesk call: #95180

It’s been there for a long time, I noticed it when I flew over Isle on Man on August 30th, no add-ons, weird purple appearing when getting closer to the coast.

1 Like

I have the same problem at isle of man : green texture over the normal texture as I move the aircraft

MODERATOR EDIT: The following 4 posts were merged into this topic.

I have strange graphic issues since a couple of days. It is appearing only in low level flight. It seems it is moving with my plane and starts with lighter green sat image and sometimes it switches to purple. I have no idea what this is but i guess it comes from the satelite image…

Hello.
I would recommend you to check the screen settings or rendering settings in the sim.
However maybe I am wrong, but it looks like normal for me. I mean there is different environment in different countries. But this is only my opinion.

Fly safe👍

You must be flying in the southern tip of the Isle of Man. There is a color overlay bug there that has been commented on and reported. I can’t locate the original thread right now but a lot of people, myself included, have noticed the same thing. I’m hoping it gets fixed in the next update.

3 Likes

Hmm could be. But i experienced it also in a norwegian region before. Strange thing…

Different LODs produce different colours but only on the IOM.
I could live with the offending layers being deleted from Bing’s data completely with the good one’s duplicated, it’s still got to be better than this. Even Douglas the capital and Ronaldsway airport EGNS are hit.

Please make this a priority, I reported it to Zen a while back as “Creeping green squares” but they’ve not listed it in their “To do” lists anywhere. Half of the island is affected.

720p video

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
Removed
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
There are some bad color issues with many parts of the Island, from lime green to purple
But only at certain LOD levels.
I’m a Developer making EGNS for the MS Marketplace, would be great if the island imagery can be fixed.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Go to the EGNS, look west for Lime green patches, move west a bit more, for Purple patches

`PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)’

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Its always been there.

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
no

You should report it via zendesk. That’s the best option for local glitches and bugs.

1 Like

Odd that this is still a thing since launch. Orkney had blue patches that behaved similarly. That was sorted quite some time ago.

Flew into IOM yesterday and was also suprised to still be seeing this issue as it was there at launch

1 Like