Stream Deck Button Box (My C172 Implementation)

yet :wink:

Yes you can Trigger multiple events with a single button. It is not a Flight Tracker Button and can be found in the Stream Deck Section on the right hand list titled Multi Action. To use it first create the Individual Button items then add them to the Multi Action item.

Thanks a lot!

Interesting information in this post about using the Stream Deck to properly trigger the in-sep in the TBM 930.

Would there be a way to do this with the plugin?

I’m sure we could, I lack the knowledge of how to access those LVARS at the moment :slight_smile: maybe Hy or pinter know how!

Hi @RMROC451, could you please share your profile (screenshots on post #1) It is very impressive…
I have a 15 buttons Stream Deck and would like to start with your profile to design mine :slight_smile: It would be very helpful, thanks !

I had recently kaiboshed that profile, since I setup a touch screen with airmanager and some physical switches/knobster.

I was able to resurrect it off of another machine I seldom sync to github :slight_smile: Enjoy!

It won’t have any of the images, but you can add your own.

1 Like

Thanks @RMROC451, very useful :grin:

Well, it does not really work. Doing this way, it is impossible to control the icon behaviour : it is not possible to have a specific icon for ON state and another one for OFF.

What would be great would be the possibility to trigger two events at the same time to FSUIPC for one trigger button…

Try using Multi Action Switch.

Thanks. I already tried. But multi action switch is not able to manage a “state” hence manage one specific icon for ON state and one specific icon for OFF state. I’m trying to reproduce the LVL switch behaviour of Garmin AP. When switching LVL on, it triggers LVL and AP ON. And I would like to have these two icons as ON state on the Stream Deck…

Yah it’s a workaround for now. We have a discussion on that in our GitHub Issues Trigger multiple simconnect events with one button OR preset buttons for CJ4/Longitude Start/Stop buttons · Issue #111 · nguyenquyhy/Flight-Tracker-StreamDeck (github.com). It’s not there since I’m still figuring out the best way to add it, but it will come eventually. You can follow that thread for update.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. The ability to trigger multiple events would be a great addition for sure!

Its interesting but unless we want the ability to read a display value out of one event into the next item what value do we get by duplicating functionality that is already present in Streamdeck? Am I missing something we might gain?

@Cotam7138, I’m sure you are right, but I also know I did almost this very thing back before we had MOBIFLIGHT. I will play with this tonight and see if I can make it work.

In your logic ladder, would you expect AP to stay ON if you turn LVL off?
OK Let me make sure I understand this all correctly,
We are dealing with two Buttons:
AP Master ON/OFF (Toggle)
LVL ON/OFF (Toggle)

State 0: AP Master = OFF LVL = OFF
Pressing LVL - Turns on LVL, Turns on AP Master

State 1: AP Master = ON LVL = ON
Pressing LVL - Turns off LVL, AP Master stays on

State 2: AP Master = ON LVL = OFF
Pressing LVL - Turns on LVL, AP Master Stays on

In each State case you want the proper state for AP Master Button AND LVL Button to be represented?

1 Like

@NguyenQHy Does Flight Tracker have the ability to detect then act upon long button presses for Generic Buttons? Is this a possibility for a future feature to Flight Tracker?

This is already a thing in Flight Tracker. That’s how the HDG button already works. Long press to set heading bug. Same for radio buttons and XPDR buttons.

Unless you mean something different?

Yes kinda, I was hoping long Presses might become exposed for generic pushbuttons too. I love how it works for Preset buttons. I edited my original message to clarify this…

1 Like

There is a feature request out there, we haven’t gotten to it yet. But we’ll get to it.

2 Likes

Not sure I fully understand, but yes. I have no problem doing it with Mobiflight. I’ve done a Garmin like 3d print A/P that works like that. But doing that with StreamDeck seems much more difficult.