Stuck on "checking update"

Being around on the forum for 1.5 years now and having read almost 14000 topics. Yes, it’s a guess, but it’s an educated one. Maybe it’s 85%. I wouldn’t know exact.

So, just because you (n=1) have an empty community folder, my reply is untrue?

Again, i was just asking whether the community folder is empty to be sure it isn’t the culprit. That’s all. No need to feel so attacked.

Why? I’m not allowed to make an educated guess? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1. An educated guess, is simply a guess and not the 95% you stated in your post.

2. That old “Chestnut” of check your community folder is simply a way of saying “I don’t know what your problem is” and I NEVER said that it was “UNTRUE” I simply said that my folder is empty and always has been

3. You can make an educated guess, of course you can yes. But your wording was a statement of fact, if its a guess then make it clear that is what it is.
    When you make a bold statement like 95% of problems ARE caused by whatever do you seriously expect others not to question that?

If a government stated that 95% of British people were employed I would expect them to follow that up with facts before simply accepting it as true.

If we all work according to your system then I’m sticking with my own best guess, and that is:

95% of problems are probably (NOTE THE WORD PROBABLY) not caused by the community folder - but I have no evidence and therefore expect everybody who reads it to take it with a Pinch of Salt !!

I found it to be quite clearly anecdotal. Apart from the fact that I was reacting to your initial snarky comment.

That is simply untrue. A lot of forum/discord questions about CTDs are solved with that. Pardon me for not keeping exact statistics on all the questions I answer on a weekly basis in my free time, but for certain it’s a lot more than 50%.

Any more advances, we’ve gone from 95% to possibly more than 50% which is already a 45% decrease. You may well have been on this forum for 1.5 yrs but what is that supposed to prove. Maybe had you been on an analytics degree for that period of time then people would take you more seriously?
I’m afraid that trying to pull any sort of analytics regarding percentages is impossible on here as seperating Wheat from Chaff is futile.
I also note that you are now talking about CTD’s whereas before you were generalising with your 95% statement regarding the community folder being the main issue of ALL problems.
My comment was also not SNARKY but truthful without quoting fictitious percentages that you are unable to back up AT ALL.
I note however that you have now become SNARKY and as you are somebody who will always want the last word I now give you the opportunity so off you go…Bye.

LOL, and I just noticed that you are part of the moderator team. I wonder what that tells the less fortunate simmers out there about where you found your percentages from!

Quite a few of us had this issue in the last couple of days so it seems like a server side issue rather than a community folder one. Mine worked after 1 hour or so without doing anything.

I feel for the people who reinstalled!

1 Like

@wildlifesnapper Are you still having long delays in ‘checking for updates’?

Periodically, when I have experienced this, the issue has never lasted for more than a few hours (couple of days at most) and my assessment has generally been the same as @Asesino1082 assessment

or potentially also a routing issue between my PC and the relevant servers that I may not be able to do anything about.

No, from the reports of CTDs. And I said a lot more. And as said the 95% was anecdotal.

Please stop twisting my words.

But indeed! Bye!

I am once again establishing a connection but I had completed a flight and then got a CTD followed by a hanging update for 24 hrs?

me too now, dont want to repair on steam

Same here.

1 Like

Same here!

1 Like

Stuck on Checking for Update here as well. Worked perfectly a couple of hours ago

1 Like

Same problem again

Again !!! Same here!

The Sim was fine this morning. Loaded it up tonight and stuck on checking for updates.

1 Like

Same here…

That old “Chestnut” of check your community folder is simply a way of saying “I don’t know what your problem is”

It’s called problem solving, you’d be surprised how many problems are actually caused by old mods.

Same. Netherlands.

1 Like

I’m having this issue too, was fine earlier, it’s a first for me

1 Like