Stuck on decompressing fspatch files

Same here. Been trying to install it for two days. Keeps getting stuck on A310 package, and a restart deletes all progress.

yeah i never managed to get the A310 fully installed on my last installation, gave up trying to download it along with many of the world updates, they just froze on random packages. Will probably try again once i get this installed again but judging by how the main game installation is going i doubt ill bother with any of the extra installations. Im close to going back to P3D and just writing off this investment as a bad one.

hello
how can i fix this?/

Hi MFS support team,

There are so many posts about this issue and I have read and tried almost every solution suggested in the other posts, but the issue still remains, and I can’t play MFS on my PC due to this issue, MFS gets stuck on decompressing fspatch files, it gets stuck on the last file, in the update manager stage, and does not proceed to the main window where you can select to play, even though I can see all the updates including the last update have been installed on the machine.

Can you please address this issue, once and for all?

Microsoft builds both the OS and the Game itself, and this issue is so common, so many people have this issue, and this issue has been posted so many times over the past few years, and yet, it is still unfixed and unresolved!

While I doubt that the PC spec has anything to do with this, and the issue is more related to file/folder access management and the access of MFS to the installed folders and files, but here is the spec of my PC anyway:

Motherboard: ASUS Z790 Maximus Hero
CPU: Intel i9-13900K
GPU: ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4090 with 24GB VRAM
RAM: 128GB DDR5 5600MHZ
SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 2TB

Anyone can help with the issue below?!

First, make sure you don’t have MSFS running in the background, you can do this by opening Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+esc) or (ctrl+alt+delete) make sure to check background programs, if it isn’t there, good.
now Win + R
type c:\users\yourname\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore
find the file, delete it
once done, open MSFS back up and choose Normal Mode.

…and here we go again. =/

I’m having decomprssion problems too but on aircraft. Wow! It took 10 hours? Thats nuts!

I have the same problem, after update the aircraft decompressing get stuck. Should I reinstall the whole game?

There is an ongoing issue being investigated at the moment around installation issues in the sim. Please use this thread for comments: [Polls] Sim Update 13 (1.34.16.0) Discussion