Stutter and Stop at 10FPS introduced with World Update 3 still there with 1.14.6.0

For those that still have stuttering, one more thing I recommend checking:

Make sure your GPU is on a PCIE slot that has direct access to the CPU. Some motherboards only have one of these slots. For example, the CPU direct 16X pcie slot on my motherboard is silver and the other 16X pcie slots are black.

1 Like

Guys, I think you have to much settings in your nVidia or AMD, this will cause sever performance loss.
I just have:
Power management mode: High Performance
Threaded optimization : OFF
Thatā€™s all you need to do, and I have 60FPS at EDDF with A320 by FlyByWire
I have all settings in FS2020 set to high
i9-10900KF@ 5.1ghz
32gb RAM @ 3200
GTX1080 8GB

1 Like

I guess everyone knows that to high setting cause performance loss? My settings are in medium. I guess that should be ok on a RTX 2080, with 32gb and 7700kā€¦

Arrival at katl gives me 3 fps. I doubt that has anything to do with settings, especially when i could arrive there pre-patch with at let.25.

The patch didnā€™t help for many ppl, itā€™s that easy. Our community is full of the same reports and there are many very experienced ppl.

2 Likes

The FPS are better but the stutters dosent gone after the newest Update 1.14.6.0

3 Likes

I dont have the problem anymore on 76T
but still the problem of stutter after a while and gpu usage at only 40-50%.
I m very disapointed cos I donā€™t have this kind of problem at the release of the game.

1 Like

There is definite improvement but I seem to be absolutely locked to 30 fps. This is totally fine but is anybody else finding this?

1 Like

Going forward, I would prefer Asobo concentrate on optimization and fixing all the minor bugs. I appreciate new content but would be happy with payware on a rock solid foundation.

2 Likes

I still have FPS loss as before the latest hotfix, but the sim performs a bit better. Noticed also the small performance improvement could be due to the LOD reduction that has also been introduced with this hotfix (objects and vegetation are not seen at the distance, to the same extend they were seen before the patch).
Not good overall.
Cheers, Ed

2 Likes

The grass bushes are shown now only at the tip of the planeā€¦ What makes it nearly not worth to have it even activatedā€¦one would have to look left and right to see themā€¦ Infront is nothing at all.

2 Likes

i would say some things have gotten a little bit better with the last patch (1.14.6.0) but it is in no way like it was before world update 3 (uk 1.13.16.0).

3 Likes

Iā€™ll throw my hat into the ring too and say the stutters definitely havenā€™t gone yet, another stutter fest for me in my 747, however I am noticing an improvement in FPS.

Actually just accepting stutters are a part of the game until the performance gets sorted!

2 Likes

Sadly it seems that Asoboā€™s answer to give better performance is to reduce the detail more and more with each patch. At this rate in a few patches time P3d will be looking a better option. I wish that they would give us the option of running the vanilla version of MSFS which worked well for me with no terrain popping, no ruined coastlines, and no LOD degradation. All with smooth framerates ( I didnā€™t even bother looking at the FPS counter back then).

Such a shame.

regards
Stinger

7 Likes

I can confirm, reset of all the Nvidia Parameters, and only disabling the full screen optimization in the flightsimulator.exe properties did the trick for mee, the sim is perfectly smooth, nothing compared to before the patch.

Add me to the list! Caused by CoherentGTDraw.
Refresh rate of the glass cockpit is at medium.
Nothing I can do during a flight to resolve this.
(Tried a lot of graphics settings)

I was doing a shared flight (YourControls) and it happened. In the A32NX, latest DEV Build.

I havenā€™t had this issue in a long time but somehow it happened just now over Germany.

My PC: Ryzen 7 5800X / RTX3090 / 32GB RAM @ 3600Mhz.

3 Likes

then you guys should upvote the thread to increase asobos attention to this stop at 10 fps sometimes even in the menu.

but they have also mention the used MOD and thusā€¦ itā€™s uselessā€¦ because the developers not have these A32NXmod installed.

the stop - even in menu - to 10 fps does happen EVEN WITH AN EMPTY COMMUNITY FOLDER.

did so, like you reported, with EDDM, though iā€™m using the marketplace version of Munic airport, donā€™t have the problem there, it is totaly random and non reproducable for me, flying at airports or in the middel of nowhere in norway. sometimes GPU usage goes down 50-60%, CPU at 5-20% FPS down to 10-17, and frametimes as high as 80-140ms (25-40 normaly)
THE most frustrating thing for me though, performance gets worse everytime, while visual quality (LOD, vegetation drawdistance) goes down aswell?!?

3 Likes

I refered only to the post for which you anserwed and this was a A32NX mod and issue reporting was ā€œin flightā€ and additional a ā€œYourControlsā€ flightā€¦ so, it is zero comparable and users still ignore the forum rules. And exactly in this case the developers can analyse nothing.

(not mods or 3rd party content)

Hi all, please keep the topics on topic and civil. Respect each other. Thank you.

3 Likes